Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Okatibbee 1/31

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okatibbee 1/31

Fished from 9 am till 2 pm when my back gave out. Rough getting old. Weather was clear and cold this morning but temp managed to heat up and was a nice day. Wind was very mild. Started out with red/chartruse and purple/chartruse and caught about 6 in 10 feet of water then moved deeper and changed to blue/white and pink/white and caught 18 more. Nothing real big, 2 12 inchers but some nice eaters. I was trolling 4 rods with a new to me set-up. Got to say I like it but still need a little fine tuning. My best day this year, 24 crappie. Believe I could have gotten my limit but my back just won't let me stay any longer. When I was taking in my rods caught my last keeper on the next to last rod in the water. This is 22 of the 24.

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

GO GET UM SON!!!!

And you say your lake isn't as good as Barnett?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe for numbers at times but not for size thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

are you fishing cover u made or known spots that hold fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Really just following along some creek runs. Caught a few along Okatibbee creek but caught most along an unnamed, to me, creek that was in deeper water. The females had some deep yellow blood veined roe in them, don't know what is going to happen now as the weather guessers are saying Feb. is going to be a lot colder than Jan.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, the water here yesterday atleast 1 foot down was 58 degrees. I think they can hold off for awhile. Are you thinkning PRE-SPAWN fishing???

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great mess of Crappie's. Good for you.

If it is your lower back that is going on you. Hodgman the wader company makes a back brace for your lower back that isn't to expensive. I have one and it works great. I think they run about $20.00 but are worth it. If you wish I can give you a site that has them on it. If it is your upper back I sure don't know how to help. Hope that may be of some help. Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MTM
    That is a great mess of Crappie's. Good for you.

If it is your lower back that is going on you. Hodgman the wader company makes a back brace for your lower back that isn't to expensive. I have one and it works great. I think they run about $20.00 but are worth it. If you wish I can give you a site that has them on it. If it is your upper back I sure don't know how to help. Hope that may be of some help. Ron
    It's my lower back, if I do any lifting with any fair amount of weight it takes me a while to get over it plus sometimes just sitting there running the troll motor with out leaning into the back of my seat will do it, think thats what happen Tuesday. I have a couple of braces but didn't think to take it with me, need to put one in the boat. I will google the Hodgman.

Post Thanks / Like

I can smell the fryer from here! Great mess of fish!