Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My Fall Brawl Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Fall Brawl Results

Well, to sum it up really quick, 0. :p I fished until lunch and called it a day. Without my fishfinder i just ran off the flasher as far as depth goes. I shot docks all day, with some some submerged structure and never got a fish one in the boat. I had bluegill tearing me up (and my jigs), but nothing more than that. Now that i have been there, i know what to expect next time and there will be a next time. I enjoyed spending time alone with my son, just me and him. Don@Eden, you run a first class tourney. Pappy, glad we got to meet each other. Todd, hook me up with the Mid Tn Crappie Club, Don G,the pleasure was all mine. Blackie, same, Killer, saw him , heard him, never got to shake his hand. You Kentucky guys, nice to meet and eat supper with you. Virginia guys, same goes to you. Last but not least Kokomo Bob, you sat right across from me last night and talked to Todd right next to me about fishing in Indiana. I am like a sponge. I don't claim to be a pro and any advice i can get about crappie fishing, i will sit there with my mouth shut and listen. Guys, i enjoyed it. As the late great Bob Hope used to sing, "Thanks for the memories".

ps Seeker, took two dozen minnows with me, but no use in using them when the channel is whitecapping.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy,
    It was a great time and I enjoyed putting a name and face with a post on the board. I really regret not socializing and meeting the crappie.com members sooner. Don, the hospitality was outstanding! Thanks for hooking me up with a place to stay with the kentucky guys. I'll be in contact with you very soon.
    Fatboy, Crappypappy, Giles, Kokomo Bob and all partners I really enjoyed our talk over the meal. Hope we meet again soon.
    Crappypappy you are one fish cleaning son of a gun. It has been a long time since i helped clean a good mess like that. I enjoyed helping out and being a part of the tournament.
    Nate thanks for letting me stay with you and Greg. Come on down to Nashville and we'll pull some out of the brush.
    Kokomo Bob, it was sure nice to talk to someone about the fishing in my old home waters of Indiana. When I get back north I will look you up and maybe we will be able to head to Salamonie or Brookville for an outing.
    The only bad thing about the weekend was the wind which was uncontrollable.
    Eden Marina, Crappie.com, Crappypappy, and all others contributors and sponsors, I thank you for a good weekend! Crappiehunter(Todd Miller)

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Well, to sum it up really quick, 0. :p I fished until lunch and called it a day. Without my fishfinder i just ran off the flasher as far as depth goes. I shot docks all day, with some some submerged structure and never got a fish one in the boat. I had bluegill tearing me up (and my jigs), but nothing more than that. Now that i have been there, i know what to expect next time and there will be a next time. I enjoyed spending time alone with my son, just me and him. Don@Eden, you run a first class tourney. Pappy, glad we got to meet each other. Todd, hook me up with the Mid Tn Crappie Club, Don G,the pleasure was all mine. Blackie, same, Killer, saw him , heard him, never got to shake his hand. You Kentucky guys, nice to meet and eat supper with you. Virginia guys, same goes to you. Last but not least Kokomo Bob, you sat right across from me last night and talked to Todd right next to me about fishing in Indiana. I am like a sponge. I don't claim to be a pro and any advice i can get about crappie fishing, i will sit there with my mouth shut and listen. Guys, i enjoyed it. As the late great Bob Hope used to sing, "Thanks for the memories".

ps Seeker, took two dozen minnows with me, but no use in using them when the channel is whitecapping.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Finder

Hey Fatboy - I sympathize. The last time I fished Ky. Lake my finder went out on me. Fished the whole tournament by bottom bouncing a half ounce weight until I hung up in some brush, threw in a marker and fished around it. Caught plenty of white bass and yellow perch and only a few crappie. Go figure. Nonetheless, it was a real confidence killer for me not being able to see under the water.

Darryl
    Fish for Fun
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]