Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Blackshear To Be Lowered

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Blackshear To Be Lowered

Just wanted to let ya'll know that Lake Blackshear is scheduled for its normal lowering this fall. They are to start lowering it in the first week of November and hold it down at 3 1/2 feet until December 15th. They do this every other year for the main reason to give property owners the chance for maintenance. Also it is done for slowing down the growth of some unwanted weeds. I can tell ya'll that usually during this time the crappie bite is fabulous. The main boat ramp that is close to the entrance of the Park will still be safe to put out at. The Cedar Creek ramp in my opinion will NOT be safe and I hope the mega ramps will be done by then. If anything changes I will keep ya'll updated.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report Rusty. Your input can surely save some heartache. Thx.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for report on the mega ramp also i was wondring if they were through with it.

Post Thanks / Like

The mega ramp itself is already done. All that I see needed doing now is get the parking lot paved. Also I heard that they were also going to build a dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information. Im coming up to visit my daughter this winter for a few weeks and was wondering how the drawdown would affect the boat ramp on 300? I belive if I remember right, thats the ramp on Swift Creek. Thanks for any reply

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

will probabley depend on the boat you have . there is another boat ramp over by the dam . never put in there but it should be in deep water . the lake will be back up by Dec 15 th . if it is still down that will not be far frome 280 bridge and state park .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

The ramp at 300 (Smoak Bridge) should be safe cause it was during thte last draw down.

Post Thanks / Like

RagFly......Do you have any idea exactly how many ramps there will be at the new facility?
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Well the mega ramp that the state has installed will be able to lauch 4 boats at the same time. There is now three ramps on the Park property. One ramp capable of lauching 2 boats at one time that is located close to the main entrance to Veterans Park. One ramp located close to the camp grounds that is capable of launching one boat at a time and the new mega ramp that is located on the north side of the beach area. Then there is three more public ramps located south of the Park of which only one will be safe during the drawn down.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna be interesting running with the water down. For those who do get on the lake, be sure you know where you are running. That lake is a whole different world with 3-4 less feet of water. Hope to ease around a mark some areas myself during the draw down.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast