Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Blackshear Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Blackshear Report

Got to the lake just at the break of day but things started off bad luck. I first stopped at Arrowhead Bait and went to get my bait and gas and my debit card wouldn't go thru but I knew I had it in the bank. Went over to Striplings and card worked. Go figure. Got on the water and at my first stop I cought a decent sixe crappie right quick. Was excited but didn't get another nite. Decided to bream fish cause of large may fly hatch and all I could catch was 2 eyes and a wiggle. Decided to fish for some catfish. Thru out my stinking peanuts and went to fishing and my darned anchor support broke off. I then dedcided to pack it up and get out of there. Did stop by Radz over by 280 bridge and Fredirica told me that the crappie are definately bioting. A man stopped in there yesterday and showed her 25 large slabs he had cought. Also Tony Allen of A&R Jigs told me that his friend had an excellent day a couple of days ago. Even with all the bad luck I had I still enjoyed the time out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I hope to see a few of those slabs this weekend some time. Boat traffic will probably be a hassle, but I got to try it.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

SR, get there at the break of day and you should be alright for the first 2 to 3 hours...maybe even later than that if the weather gets cool enough at night. All you should see during that time would be fishermen.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.