Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Feb !st

GR Ware Guest

Default Fishing Feb !st

Anyone fish Walker county lake in Jasper? I'm going on opening day Feb1. Someone had said that you can catch a few nice crappie there.
    Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!
    George

Post Thanks / Like

I never fished there but I have of people catching them there. I fished at Bibb county lake and caught some there. It seems too early to me but I hope you wear them out. I can't get my boat out until early March because I have an inboard/outboard. Give a good report and I may just have to sneak down to Bibb county and rent one of their boats.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish walker county lake every now and then. They do have pretty good crappie fishing if you can find a fallen tree or two. pretty good bream fishing as well
    Hey where's my float.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never fished it, but I will have to look into it. I never heard of the lake. Learning new things all the time.
    LET IT RIP!

GR Ware Guest

I went to the lake late today. It looks great. I met a fisherman name George Frank (who was throwing a worm for bass) he gave me a lot of info on fishing the lake. Its one of the only State run lakes that you can use your BIG MOTOR. He related that there is alot of large bass, bream and crappie there. I will fish the lake later this week, and give everyone an update.
    George