Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish in flight...Clinton Lake outlet park

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Fish in flight...Clinton Lake outlet park

Check this out guys

Fish in flight: Lawrence photography pros capture odd sight in park / LJWorld.com

Now how did these fish get there???
    Are they in Clinton Lake yet?

Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

Prolly came up the river from KC. Don't believe dey is in de lake,,,,yet <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a great quote from the article:

"The fish are generally about 10 inches long and can weigh between 10 and 60 pounds."

I'd really like to see a 10lb, 10inch fish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been snaggin those #%^#$% asian carp fishing for wallys and sauger below clinton now for about 3 years. I HATE these fish, i cant even estimate how many Rapalas ive lost when they shoulder up and snap 6lb line. Its also seemed that the numbers have been growing. But every one ive landed ive done my part as a good kansan and killed but weve all heard how prolific they are. BTW they are horribly slimey and smell like good catfish bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kpflumm View Post
    Ive been snaggin those #%^#$% asian carp fishing for wallys and sauger below clinton now for about 3 years. I HATE these fish, i cant even estimate how many Rapalas ive lost when they shoulder up and snap 6lb line. Its also seemed that the numbers have been growing. But every one ive landed ive done my part as a good kansan and killed but weve all heard how prolific they are. BTW they are horribly slimey and smell like good catfish bait.
    Or compost... I either read or heard that they are trying to develop a commercial market for them. I think there was a plan to call them "silverfin" because it sounds more appealing than eating "asian carp".

Yep, just googled it.
    Chef Philippe Parola&#39;s Silverfin Campaign - News & Views - Scuttlebutt: Louisiana News Briefs - Gambit - New Orleans
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kpflumm View Post
    Awesome! Kill em all!! Next thing you know you'll be telling us how good the Gar fishing is.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha i have been know to get after those toothy critters!

Post Thanks / Like

how do you do it kp ? welcome aboard

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks springhill. I take a 1/4 - 3/8 jighead cut the hook ab halfway down and make a skirt of the white basic nylon rope you can get at home depot. Its easy to unravel and you want a bushy skirt. Then ill superglue the skirt to the jig collar and hookshank and tie a few strands around the top. Best skirt length is 4-5". Sight fishing is best and nighttime under lights is great too. If you know a school is in an area ive had some success with an erratic retrive or hopping along the bottom. Gar are great fun but make a few jigs because most of the time you have to cut quite a bit of skirt to get the fish off. They naturally will tangle thier teeth in the nylon. As far as setup i use a 6'3 medium baitcaster with 25lb braid and a 9" black steel leader. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

best gar lure I have ever found is my $25 handcrafted square billed crankbaits!! They bite the hell out of those -unfortunately!!!