Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wylie Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wylie Luck

Has anyone got any tips or tricks for the crappie this time of year? I have fished for them shallow during the day with no luck. My last trip at night was a mixed bag with a moderate amount of success. With this really hot weather and no rain followed by some upcoming cool nights I was wondering what, where, how deep, etc... some of you might be trying to catch some more slabs. Thanks. Most of the time I fish the big allison at or just up from the nuke bridge. Most of the time it is in 20-30 ft of water.

Post Thanks / Like

last year at this time i was catching them by the hundreds at that spot on Catawba creek i was telling you about.

id be goin at them, but everyone is tied up with stuff. Its been a long time......i almost forgot what a crappie looked like.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

i might try that. allison creek was ok last time but not that great. might be time to try the catawba bridge and point again.

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    last year at this time i was catching them by the hundreds at that spot on Catawba creek i was telling you about.

id be goin at them, but everyone is tied up with stuff. Its been a long time......i almost forgot what a crappie looked like.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Pete,where on catawba creek?

Quote Originally Posted by pete

I looked on the map and saw that catawba creek is up in north carolina, and that it reaches pretty far back in there.Stowe botanical is a pretty place,but have not fished that far north.Thank you for any info. you are willing to give...Eric
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.