Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: caution 72 marine

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down caution 72 marine

Spent 2 weeks talking with sales rep at 72 marine in Elberton, ga on trading a150 EFI 25" shaft for a 150 optimax 25" shaft. After aggreeing on a price and trade, I called them 2 days before driving 1.5 hrs and spoke with Kyle. I specifically asked him to be sure he was quoting me on the 25" shaft and replacing with the same lenght. His reply was yes!! That was wednesday 8-25-10, and after driving over there this am, (friday) the salesman walks out the door and says, " thats a 25" shaft, Icant do that trade!!!
    To say the least, I was upset, and expressed it. He acknowledge the Wednesday confirmation call, but would only walk off and comment,"I cant take a 25" trade
    However after walking indoors and returning, he said he would knock off $1250.00, but would not trade, so i asked if he had a conscience, because the cash price before discussing trade was quite a bit higher!! CAUTION AND GET IT IN WRITING!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that Slab Trap, thanks for letting us know. See you at Wateree
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I would talk with the owner and let him know how many folks you come in contact with. A man that will not live up to his word is not a man at all!

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, the young salesman claims his grandfather ownes the company, and that he would run it any way he liked!! This guy couldn'y be more than 20 or 22 years old.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a shame. He has a lot to learn.
    LIFE IS TOUGH! LIFE IS TOUGHER WHEN YOU ARE STUPID!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Elberton and have all my life. I knowed the owner, and now the new owner (his son). Short story: Bought a Carolina Skiff in '97. Took it to 72 Marine wanting a 50 hp Johnson with trim. Specifically told them I did NOT want oil injection (I'm old school:rolleyes. Went back a couple days later to pick the boat up and there sat that white 50, all shiney and looking good. Then I saw the oil tank. I asked what was that and was told the oil injection motor was all they had, besides I got a better motor. Well I hesitated but took it anyway but that wasnt our deal. And that my friends is why I dont trade with 72 Marine anymore cause you cannot take them for their word. They must sell alot of boats and motors cause they certainly do have a large franchise, but I wont buy from 'em anymore.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, live in Elberton and know the old and "new" owners at 72 Marine Sales. I don't do much business with them. IF you can deal with Andy, he has always done what he said with me (I've known him since we were kids and went to church with him for many years). However, the further down the generation line you get, at not only this but many other businesses, the worse the service and the harder it is to get the truth. We've done a REAL dis-service to this generation by refusing to make them make their own way.
    Hey.....open the livewell!

Post Thanks / Like

We have one of those here in central 'Bama too! They're called Aero Marine in Trussville Alabama... cheats and liars!!! They need a dang good belt whippin' to set them straight... I'll volunteer the belt and the strong arm!!! Their tears of misery would bring tears of joy to my eyes!