Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question for hi-tek users...

Post Thanks / Like

Default question for hi-tek users...

looking to get a set real soon, does any one who has a set of these long line with the poles out the side of the boat, more specific does any hi-tek owners pull cranks out the side of the boat with em? my intentions are to push/vert troll and to pull/long line with em. just looking for some feed back. thanks for any input, have a great week all, God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I have two sets on the bow and two sets on the rear. I use the front ones to vertical troll or push crankbaits.

You can turn them and fish cranks out the side.

I can pull cranks or loneline out the back.

They work for all of my fishing needs. I think you will be happy with them.
    Hope this helps.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

i do and if u put the rod as far as the reel will let it go in the holder i have no problem.i believe i heard someone else say if u turn the reel down while in the holder it would work too,but i like my reels up.

Post Thanks / Like

Put my Hi-Teks to work this past weekend......NO problems of any kind.....pulled cranks and pushed a few jigs just to see how they were gonna work...........WORKED GREAT! You need to spend a few minutes once you are on the water to adjust them to where you want the rods to be (rod tips low or high) and then get the baits in the water and start catching some slabs. Caught catfish on the cranks too and no problems. I do not have the new version Hi-Tek is doing for the deeper v for cranks and it still worked out great. Get the extra bases and you will be free to move them from side to front when pulling or pushing.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two sets on the front and two sets on the back. I do it all with mine.......I love them.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

James, It was nice meeting you at the PORCH:D I just got four sets for my other boat that I AM putting together for next season Scott now makes a version that has higher sides on the V- OR FRONT part. That is what I had him make for me, since everyone knows I LONGLINE OUT THE SIDE:D:D My concern was the rod rolling out of the holder when I whack them east fork DINKS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my hi teks about a month ago. long lined with em twice. caught a few good crappie and had no problem, even caught a huge mud fish and several gar and i have had no problem.

KrappieKrazy, whats the deal with all those hair clips on your holders? Somethin to do with the cranks?
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'LL guess to hold rod ends together when they are broke down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    I just got my hi teks about a month ago. long lined with em twice. caught a few good crappie and had no problem, even caught a huge mud fish and several gar and i have had no problem.

KrappieKrazy, whats the deal with all those hair clips on your holders? Somethin to do with the cranks?

I clip them to the rods while on the move. They help to keep the baits from flopping around and getting tangled. They are one of the best things on my boat. Try some you will like them.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the "wednesday at enid" thread in mississippi. Hammer just posted a pic of his and he is pulling out of the side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast