Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gettin the fever

Post Thanks / Like

Default gettin the fever

Just took a look at the new tournament schedules. Looks like it oughta be a fun season. Hopefully crappie masters will go back to lake talquin. Me and daddy are gettin tired of this hot weather and lookin to start doin some fishin! We thought about going to blackshear sunday but talked ourselves right out of it. After workin in this hot weather everyday ya bout don't want to do anything but set in a/c on sundays.

Post Thanks / Like

you didn't miss anything on B'shear Sunday.....was pouring sweat by 10 AM......long range forecasts are starting to look better but still hot middays......I am excited about the upcoming seasons for all the tournaments too
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what ya mean msw. The heat and humidity is just letting up some up here in NE Ga and it's making it ALOT nicer when you get on the water. Atleast now you can fish close to lunchtime before it gets to hot to be comfortable. Come on cooler weather.

BTW, welcome to the boards.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

this week in will be better we have a cold frunt coming down :D
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready for some fishin myself! Grass cuttin is gettin old.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The good thing about summer is fall is next. Can't wait till around October XX to start catching the fish at Talquin. I sure hope time slows down when the fall gets here...........Oh well.....Off to the Mountains for a few days of golfing .

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Here I thought you where fishing Talquin all summer. Just didn't hear any good reports.

I too am counting the days till October 10th. Tired of this heat in Indiana. It stinks. I will be at Talquin for a few days and then to Brooksville. Will be back Nov 1 for the rest of the year at Talquin. Plan to give you a challenge this year. You taught me good last year, now let's see if it paid off.

See you soon.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

let me know how menny dayes after 0ct 10th . would like to come down when you are there and maby give me a tour of the lake . can`t git there befor i have companey here till the 10th.maby the next weekin if you are there or some one that can show me and the wife around the lake .
    retired and now i will always fish

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Papasage, if lightwire is busy, I'll be there at that time. I have no set plans. Doing the slabfest on Ky Lake October 8th and 9th. Plan on heading to the lake on the 10th. Could stay all week depending upon the weather and fish. PM me and let me know when you might get there. I'll probally be there. Maybe we can be lightwire to his holes. Normally he beats the heck out of me. One day in march, I kept 19 over 12" and 4 of them were from 2lb 20z to 2lb 9oz.::D:D Got hime that day and I was fishing a different part of the lake, so he couldn't say I was folloing him. I let him lead and all other boats follow him and I go 180 degrees the other way. Don't like crowds.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage View Post
    let me know how menny dayes after 0ct 10th . would like to come down when you are there and maby give me a tour of the lake . can`t git there befor i have companey here till the 10th.maby the next weekin if you are there or some one that can show me and the wife around the lake .
    Be glad to show you around. Hopefully, the fish don't follow last year's pattern and scatter everywhere. Couple years ago we were able to him them up in several places. The good news is they are Trapped.....they can't get out and walk.

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish