Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who to buy soft plastic and colorant from?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who to buy soft plastic and colorant from?

I have done some research, and not sure who to buy from...looks like del-mar, bear, lurecraft all have plastic and colorant. Who do you recommend and which plastic and additves for a stinger type crappie bait? Also for a 8 to 16 cavity mold would you use a microwave to heat the plastic or get a burner and pot. Going to use an injector.

Thanks

John

Post Thanks / Like

I use a microwave and a pyrex cup, but please please please read safety stuff on this before you begin

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Lure Craft but all are good products but I think alot of folks migrate to Lure Craft colors. A micro works great for normal shooting but if your going to do alot of solid colors and alot of them the the presto pot might be up your alley. I would get a large injector. I use a bears and realy like it but bass tackle has a pin so the tip doesnt pop off. If you are going to use Jacobs molds he has an injector to fit his molds but a small tip from Bears fits it nicley as well. I hope this helped
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Bears can't be beat for delivery and quality I run about 4000 baits a week on calhoun plastics.
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Flatfish, which plastic do you run in the calhoun? Soft or Medium? What is the difference between the calhoun and the cheminonics? Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

I made the mistake of getting the soft, it is too soft for what I want. My suggestion is the medium.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the new "ultra " in soft. Don't have to shake it up as much.