Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blackshear Report 8-21-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackshear Report 8-21-10

I deciderd tyo try and beat the water lice and big boats out to the lake this morning and almost did. I first went and tried for some bream and didn't have any luck so went to 280 bridge and pitched forf some crappie and still no luck. Went to try tight lining the channel close to Cedar Creek and finally cought a few before the water lice and big boats started up. I only cought 3 nice slabs before the waves got bad. They were hanging at about 15 feet in 24 foot of water. I was useing the double rig with lip stick minnows. If it weren't for the weekend crowd I feel that I would have come out with a decent mess of crappie. Surface temp was 86 degrees and water color was normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Can Tell You Live South.monsoon Season Up North.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

Talk to a guy that went yesterday, he fish 280 bridge and some tops. He caught 13 Crappie, got there about 10:30 and fish until it start, to rain.

Post Thanks / Like

found a good deal on some crank baits to day and think we may just go pull them at B'shear tomorrow morning......................thanks for the report
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Shine......would love to hear a report on that.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guy's are having fun and catching a few. I am counting the days for the fall weather to get here and the water lice and ski boats are winterized for the season.

See you in the fall.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

did a lot of experimenting with some that are supposed to run 6-8 and some 8-10 on 6lbs line and tried to stay out in the channel.....did manage to put one good white in the boat and a channel cat....missed a few and don't know how with two sets of treble hooks.....will tell you that I like it and will be doing more of it....and those cranks will hit 18' with 6lbs line!!!....gotta cool off before I try it again....water temps were holding at 87....not bad for 1st time and learned some thing new....
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net