Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Blackshear Report.......Finally

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Blackshear Report.......Finally

With the health problems I am having and surgery coming up I thought I'd sneak out to the lake very early this morning to check things out. Got on the lake just before day break and was hopeing to find some crappie. See, I haven't been in about 2 months and was itching to catch some slabs. Got to my first spot and was gonna tight line. Looked down and saw that I had only 2 of my rods in the boat and one was rigged for casting and the other rigged for bream fishing. I didn't feel like re doing either one so I just casted a few times and then went looking the rest of the time. In other words I wasn't prepared and didn't catch a thing. I am very encouraged tho because I found several spots that were holding alot of fish. They are definately in deep water but not in the channel. It seems like they are hanging on the deep water ledges and when you go over structure they seem to be very tight to that structure. Think I will try to go after them, better prepared this time, early next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out on the water. I got to get out there soon myself. Is the new ramp at the state park open yet?
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

No the new ramp is not open yet but I'm gonna talk to the Park manager and see when it will be open. This new ramp is made for 4 boats to launch at same time. Yep there is actually 2 double ramps there. I walked around it this morning and all I can see that needs done is the paveing. I'll post when I find out about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lets Go fishing

Ragfly,
    Good to see you out and let me know about the surgery you are talking.
    Kim
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted on your surgery. God bless.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear from you good luck with the surgery .