Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling at night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling at night

Last year some of you were talking about experimenting with trolling at night. Did anyone follow thru and give it a try. My partner and I are going to give it a shot one night soon when the moon is bright. Give me some feedback.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never tried it, although I remember a thread where Smitty said he did it with some success. Interested in some responses too.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have not do much night fishing but i have read some opinions on a bright moon lit night isnot good in openwater . dock shooting might be good
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Papa Dawg...........Don't know about the trolling bite at night, but night-fishing in general has always been a lot better for me on the darker nights. Got to go when you can go though, so I wouldn't let that stop me. I'm all about some long-line trolling, so please let us know how you do.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dawg View Post
    Last year some of you were talking about experimenting with trolling at night. Did anyone follow thru and give it a try. My partner and I are going to give it a shot one night soon when the moon is bright. Give me some feedback.
    not sure but think willsjwills tried it last year....did not hear any results....

Post Thanks / Like

I have trolled some at nights on Blackshear when it was a fairly bright night with some pretty decent success. A couple of other times I didn't do well at all, so I guess it is like trolling in the day time. It's all about being at the right place at the right time. I have never tried it on Talquin, which I spend 95% of my fishing time, because of all the stumps that you can get hung up on. I hang up enough in the day time...But one thing is to be said for night time trolling..It is very peaceful with very little boat traffic and no water lice..Let us know how you do if you decide to give it a try. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

night fished with light the whole nine .....had good luck here in Ky but I started getting hits with minnows only and a smelly chum bag ( stinky guts from shad in a stocking-panty hose) trollig slow made a lil slick(oil slick concept) something they could taste I guess .......also went very slow over structure ,had green light really shallow had the best luck .....went deep into water with light-no luck.....hope this helps

oh spider rigged ...I set on the front of my boat

Post Thanks / Like

Papa Dawg. That was JAFACMAN who no longer posts on this website. He and Falcon Smitty were trolling Lake Harding at night.

Post Thanks / Like

We were nite fishing at west point one night with lights. We wern't doing very well so we decided to move into a cove not far away ,had lots of shad so we decided to move slow with the trolling motor and take all the shad with us . We were suprised to pick up quite a few fish on this move. After we stoped and anchored we didnt do very well.The story is we should have kept moving slow the shad went right along with us and thats what triggerded the bite.I would try it again for sure.We did keep the bait close to the boat and was using minnows.
    Were Burning Day light