Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walleye? anyone ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question walleye? anyone ?

Does anyone fish for walleye or know how to catch them at lake hefner i fished during the spawn and most of the summer hooked one bass fishing and he spit the lure out right at the bank lol. I need help or some tips

Post Thanks / Like

I caught them all spring up until about a month ago. People are still catching them sporadically in the summer trolling crank baits and drifting night crawlers but it will be fall before they are hot and heavy again. send me a pm in about a month and I will let you know what I have going on.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried fishing for Walleye's at Hefner, but it it were me I would try drift fishing with a Lindy Rig using night crawlers as bait during the summer months.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmarv58 View Post
    I've never tried fishing for Walleye's at Hefner, but it it were me, I would try drift fishing with a Lindy Rig using night crawlers as bait during the summer months.
    Where do you fish for them at? do I need to target a particular terrain I tried fishing points and humps the only one i ever caught was in a flat with weed bottom in 6 fow on a crappie minnow . Is it true that they hold near the bottom ?

Post Thanks / Like

Every Walleye I ever caught was holding somewhere near the bottom. I normally try to target drop offs.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to catch walleye in Kansas by using a 3/8 oz jig head with a night crawler on it. The best fishing seemed to be in the standing timber, but, also caught them trolling Hot n Tot crankbaits in about 17' deep water.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Sparky - Both Reaper and Marv are right just using different techniques. I fish the NE corner of Hefner and the dam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
    Sparky - Both Reaper and Marv are right just using different techniques. I fish the NE corner of Hefner and the dam.
    I believe that NE corner is shallow am i right ? The damn u catch them jigging the rocks? What about live baits?

Post Thanks / Like

I use crankbaits and rapalas and sometimes live bait. Yes, the NE corner is shallow just depends how close to the bank you are. The walleyes at times are in 5 FOW and 20' depending on the season.

Post Thanks / Like

is it time yet to fish for walleye?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast