Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey, Guys.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, Guys.......

Cajun Dave and I are going to grace the "Big Red" tomorrow. Hoping the crappie are chaseing shad to the mouth of the creeks and banks. We've had some cool nights and cloudy days, and I've been hearing some reports they were being caught in as shallow as 6 ft. It's supposed to drop to the upper 40's tonight, so it will be a cool ride on the river, but warming to low 70's early. It will be a post front trip, but I gotta go when I can! Will post when I return......

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=labill]Cajun Dave and I are going to grace the "Big Red" tomorrow. Hoping the crappie are chaseing shad to the mouth of the creeks and banks. We've had some cool nights and cloudy days, and I've been hearing some reports they were being caught in as shallow as 6 ft. It's supposed to drop to the upper 40's tonight, so it will be a cool ride on the river, but warming to low 70's early. It will be a post front trip, but I gotta go when I can! Will post when I return

In regards to a post front trip. When would be the best time to go after the front? 1,2-3 days.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default After a front....

[QUOTE=Deacon]
    Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Cajun Dave and I are going to grace the "Big Red" tomorrow. Hoping the crappie are chaseing shad to the mouth of the creeks and banks. We've had some cool nights and cloudy days, and I've been hearing some reports they were being caught in as shallow as 6 ft. It's supposed to drop to the upper 40's tonight, so it will be a cool ride on the river, but warming to low 70's early. It will be a post front trip, but I gotta go when I can! Will post when I return

In regards to a post front trip. When would be the best time to go after the front? 1,2-3 days.
    Deacon, if I hadn't had cabin fever, I would have waited 3 or 4 days to make the trip. I think by then they might have been catchable if the barometer fell a couple points. I caught one 15 oz. sacalait, and Dave caught 1 bass. Tough fishing, but we sure enjoyed being out in God's country.

BTW, did you and Steve find out where your neice caught the 115 fish? That must have been one heck of a day! Let us know how you did if you find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Deacon, if I hadn't had cabin fever, I would have waited 3 or 4 days to make the trip. I think by then they might have been catchable if the barometer fell a couple points. I caught one 15 oz. sacalait, and Dave caught 1 bass. Tough fishing, but we sure enjoyed being out in God's country.

BTW, did you and Steve find out where your neice caught the 115 fish? That must have been one heck of a day! Let us know how you did if you find it.
    I did find find out. They caught them next to a landing in the Cypress Island area of the basin. I looked it up on the internet. It si right around Franklin, LA. They went back during and after the cold front and scratched.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.