Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Seminole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Seminole

Does anyone on this board fish this lake? Is it still coverd up in grass? Is the Crappie fishin' any good there? Are there any gators in it?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been there a few times, yes there is good fishing at times, yes there is hydrilla, and yes there are plenty of gators. This is a great channl ledge fishing lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info CS! I may never get to fish that lake, but it has always interested me. Kinda like a cross between Eufala and Guntersville.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ssssssSeminole-Seeping Ponds

I used to fish the seeping ponds near Seminole in Sixties-Seventies in my younger years. After Seminole settled after Dam was closed a lot of low places around the lake filled with water and Fish. Local farmers had lakes wheither they wanted them or not. Some would charge a Dollar a day to fish. Plenty of Bass-Shell Cracker-Gators back then. My favorite pond to fish was called Sawmill Pond. Locals said it filled in a few days and covered an operating Saw Mill and surrounding timber. You could see the saw dust pile and slab pile eztruding out of water. Guessing about a 40 acre pond, deepest was around 12 ft. Only Jon boat and paddle. You had to fish in open areas between the standing timber. Hardly any areas open enough to cast. Best bait was live bait or Plastic worms. I usually took my Family or friends and camped at lake for 3 days. These fish were undernourished as there was a shortage of forage fish for them to feed on. My son caught a L-Mouth Bass that was 28 inches long and only wted. 8 lbs on the old Zebco De-Liar scales.Sorry for all the rambling but seeing your post brought some great memories. Im sure there is some good Crappie fishing in Seminole and the seeping ponds. The Hydrailla began to get bad in the eighties. I do not not know of the condition at present. Good Fishing All BB