Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just two more months hpefully!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just two more months hpefully!

Hello everyone, been a while since I have posted and wondering if everybody is looking forward for cooler weather and the Crappie bite like me. We had a poor season for Crappie last year and this year. We had a big shad kill this past winter in Weiss as well as all impoundments in the S-east as been reported. However the shad that survived have had a great spawn and should provide adequate food source for all species including the Crappie. This past spring you could catch a lot of 6-9 inch fish but the slabs were rare.Hopfully they will be more Grown-Ups this fall. I can hardly wait for those cool brisk mornings of fall.

I purchased another boat last fall and have been rigging it up for spiderrigging and long-lining as well. It is a 16 ft. Foster Craft C-Console with a 75 Hp Force made by Mercury. I added a 50lb thrust Minn-Kota Power-Drive, 14 Dridt-Masters, 4 out front, 4 out back and three on each side. The ones on the sides also serve as rod carriers as I lay my rods inside the rodholders and secure with Velcro wraps. Installed Electric Minn-Kota Anchors front and back with up-down switches at front covenient when Im Spider-Rigging. The boat sat too high in trailer and was allmost impossible to unload on boat ramp wthout backing way down in water. I added 2 feet to the tongue of trailer with a walkboard. I lowered bunks and rollers as low as I could and cut off excess hangers hanging down. I added the Glyde-Stiks 2 to each bunk. I can load-unload by myself with no problem now. I think she will be a great Crappie Boat. Cant wait to break her in. Good Fishing All. BB

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds good post some picks
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to my main fishing partner this past week. His comment was "I can't wait for football and crappie fishing". Bottombumper stirred me up by just reading his comments. Thanks. Good post.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new rig! Sounds like all your changes were well thought out. And YES I am ready for the brisk cool mornings and mild midday temps again. Look forward to your posts on those Coosa slabs.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah im ready for some cold weather. I think this fall is going to be a record breaker on the Hill. Hope its me this time that catches a 3lb
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready when the high Temp is 80 Degrees for three days in a row. That is normally time to go but since I'm retired may push it a little higher say 85 or 86 or even 88.

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new ride. Show us some pictures. I'm with everybody else....ready for the cooler weather. Now that I'm retired maybe I can hunt AND fish this fall. Used to I didnt have the time for both but hopefully this year will be different. Even though I'm still going fishing a morning or two a week still, it would be nice if I werent sweating by 9:30AM every time.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just think squirl season opens in just 19 days, but you better carry a ice chest and good knife to cut out the warbles. I'm looking forward to the fall temps myself, and getting back intouch with some beagle buddys. A good pack of hounds on the trail of ole swamp rabbit makes a awesome racket.

Post Thanks / Like

SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF ANXIOUS FISHERMEN ARE READY FOR FALL. i THINK A FEW OF YOU ARE LIKE ME RETIRED AND CONSIDERED A SENOIR CITIZEN. I DONT REMEMBER IT GETTING THIS HOT BUT IM SURE IT MUST HAVE. wHEN i WAS A KID ANY LEISURE TIME I WAS FISHING OR SWIMMING. SLEPT WITH WINDOWS UP AND DOORS OPEN WITH ONLY THE SCREEN DOOR HOOKED. I JUST CANT TAKE THIS HEAT NOW. MY FAVORITE SEASON HAS ALLWAYS BEEN FALL. IVE GOT IN A FEW TRIPS TO THE COOSA THIS SUMMER AND CAUGHT A FEW STRIPE AND F-HEADS. JUST A FILL-IN UNTIL I CAN GO AFTER CRAPPIE. AS FOR PICTURES OF MY BOAT, I WILL POST SOME AS SOON AS MY WIFE CAN TEACH ME HOW TO POST. YOU GUYS STAY COOL AND ENJOYED ALL REPLYS. BB