Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New World Record Blue 130 lbs caught

Post Thanks / Like

Default New World Record Blue 130 lbs caught

Suspected 130-pound catfish caught in Missouri River | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO
    new world record blue caught 130 lbs Man thats a fish the record just keeps being broken.
    And he found a good use for the jumping carp cut bait for that big boy.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

saw this too!! Ive tried silver carp and never had luck with them, but Ive heard from a few guys they work well on lines.yep, 130 pounds. on a pole. WOW. The news broadcast also said the fisherman mentioned selling the mount to "a big outdoor store". I congradulate the guy on his catch, but why does it always have to be about money?If I ever get so lucky, not happenin, I'd let some places have a replica, but a world record should not be for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    saw this too!! Ive tried silver carp and never had luck with them, but Ive heard from a few guys they work well on lines.yep, 130 pounds. on a pole. WOW. The news broadcast also said the fisherman mentioned selling the mount to "a big outdoor store". I congradulate the guy on his catch, but why does it always have to be about money?If I ever get so lucky, not happenin, I'd let some places have a replica, but a world record should not be for sale.
    I agree If I catch the next one. And can keep it alive I may let it go to East Tn and the chattanooga aquarium. For all to see sure would not be in the tanks of Bass Pro Shop or other's. But if I can't keep it alive its going back in where it came from. Had a buy catch one bigger then that fish using one of our 2 hook rigs. He did not even get the weight of the fish. But I guess it would out weight that fish by 20 to 30 lbs. Wild Wolf Products
    He did not kill that one and could have had the AR and World Record. But would not kill the fish for it.
    Now I do wish he had been using some of our products. Talk about something to boost sales that would have done it for sure. When I seen this and his name I ran it through our sales list and he was not on it. But always a chance that his girlfriend ordered for him. Man to see wild wolf products tied in with a record would be nice. But then again he would want lots of $$ for that also. LOL
    As for his choice of baits, Would have used it on the MS river last year if I could have gotten one. But could not get them to land in the boat. Buddy that was with me even tried to net one LOL
    Its sad this guy could not keep that fish alive. but funny thing is most times the ones that catch one is the person that;s not even ready for a big fish.

My dream is to catch the world record Crappie and it be alive swimming for others to enjoy. Now that would be the icing on the cake. Also no way I can handle a big blue like that unless I have help. But the record crappie I think I can get in the boat. LOL
    Shoot the last two 50 lb blues I caught had my back screwed up for days..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a fish, hope they post some good pic`s somewhere

Post Thanks / Like

I think thats a dinosaur!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Guys just do a search for ((World Record Blue catfish 130 lbs)) There lot's of picture's of it.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

World Record Blue catfish 130 lbs - Google Search
    Plenty of links with different shots of it.
    Heres a video of it also\
    http://www.norcalblogs.com/gate/2010...ught-video.php
    Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 07-21-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I'm jealous. thats a pig!!!! 40# is my personal best, every year that number rises a little. so maybe by the time I hit the ripe old age of 100 I might be in the ballpark. the thing is,since commercial fishing was banned on the mo, I dont think 130# will stand too long. I think we will see a 150er in the next twenty years or so, or sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot I think we will see 175 within the next 10 years. I know of people that commercial fish here that has turned fish 125 to 140 back in the last 3 years. And had a guide tell me he knows of fish in that range that has been caught and released on the Ms River last year.
    The deal is were using better rods and reels along with line and fishing for them.
    We used to catch a lot of Big fish when We commercial fished ( My whole family fished for a living I was the 4th generation and it ended with me) And using trot lines we would have fish swallow 25 lbs fish and the tail of those fish were just getting in the stomach acid of those fish.So your looking at a fish thats 25 to 30 lbs from the tip of the head to there stomach. Then whats behind that. That in turn is a fish as big or bigger then the one above.
    Back in March a buddy and I boated 3 blues out of one hole only about 2ft different then the rest that was around 130 lbs in about 30 minutes. I lost one a few years ago that moved my 20 ft War-eagle boat. And that was in current.
    You need to come up to Pickwick in Late Feb or March and have fun with the Big blues we have. That or go to Al and fish Wheeler lake. A guide there last week boated around 700 lbs of blues in one night. biggest was 70+ If my memory is right.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

have a neaghbor that used to commercial fish the mo river, back in the 80s. he has the same type stories to tell, but he has pics of monster blues and flats that he never weighed. the big ones are out there, and they get bigger every year. I think Ill go hunt down some shad tomarrow night, I suddenly have the itch.