Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappie around savannah

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie around savannah

I am about to relocate to the Savannah Georgia area, not sure exactly what suburb yet. Please let me know, is there crappie in the area? I am terrified of gators and cotton mouth! Will I be able to continue fishing or will I have to get better at golf?

Post Thanks / Like

Ft Stewart ponds have a good population of slabs, but there is a lot of gators in those ponds, never seen any snakes but im sure their there.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to ga lloyd. there is some ponds on the base there. think DI has fished some tournaments in one of the lakes . he is in the military and a good crappie fisherman . maybe you can git with hem . Jimmy S is head moderator on the Ga board and he lives in savannah . he can give you some info on the fishing there .
    OOOO by the way the ga gators don`t eat people maybe a dog :D. as far as snakes just watch where you go they are just as scared of you as you of them:D.
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hi DI you must have ben typing the same time i was .:D. you just type faster then me :D
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Loyd, welcome to Savannah. D.I. is right about Ft. Stewart it is your best bet. there are other places but not as good. you can fish around the gators just don;t feed them anything. Stewart has a lot of ponds and you can get a permit to fish them. there are times that some areas are closed for a few days. good luck and good fishing! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeap, JimmyS is the man in that area. He has helped me out a lot when I was stationed there.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Savannah isnt very far from Richmond Hill and me and a buddy went down there several years ago for shark fishing in the bay and had a BALL. I know it aint crappie, but the action is fast. You need to look into it once youre settled.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You

I appreciate the advice and look forward to getting to know the area.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

if you don't mind driving 1hr and 1/2 you can fish santee cooper system has
    2 lakes marion and moultrie both are good for crappie,catfish,and bass as well
    as bream.santee is in South Carolina.

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Loyd, we have very good salt water fishing in the fall, starting at the end of Sept. thru the winter until early spring. speckled sea trout, red drum and more. again welcome to Savannah. Jimmy S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast