Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Needing To Upgrade Electronics Any Suggestions??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Needing To Upgrade Electronics Any Suggestions??

Would Like To Have One With GPS

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What kinda price range you talking about (including lake map chip)? Color unit or monochrome? (color: less pixels (detail) than monochrome for same money)
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

would like to stay around $1000 lake chip would be nice

Post Thanks / Like

which do you prefer

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.lowrance.in/About/News/Lo...g-Fishfinders/
    http://www.lowrance.in/About/News/Lo...-Sonar-Series/

I hope these links go thru for ya. If not you might have to copy and paste or google them.

Looks like Lowrance is going to introduce some new stuff in November. I am particularly interested in the new downscan stand alone unit. I said last year that I thought this would be forthcoming. I was not interested in the side finder technology as I already had a Bottom line unit with this technology from years ago. Lowrance took some hard hits in the industry last year because of their lack of customer support and not servicing units that were only outdated by five years or so. I have not had any of the issues that inundated some of the other fishing forums about Lowrance. HumminBird has been closing the gap quickly because of some of these issues. However feedback seems to indicate that Lowrance is improving. I am a fan of Lowrance so my bias leans that way. Lots of new stuff coming out of ICAST show by Humminbird also. Vexilar gets the credit for having the most customer service satisfaction and they make a nice color sonar but no GPS. Garmin seems to be lagging on everything at this time. My intention is to stay with Lowrance for now. If your interested, let me know and I'll PM you some good forums on this stuff and you'll find a lot of reps out there, some are really knowledgeable and some won't know anymore about the products than you will. It won't take ya long to figure out who knows what and who can really help ya. Good luck with whatever brand you go with.

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin manufactures Lowrance units it's a trade off on options available. A friend of
    mines is the electrical engineer and it charge of purchasing and allocation. A lot of units
    for Lowrance are made in Olathe.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I also am leaning toward lowrance just not sure which one. Hook me up with those forums.
    Thanks