Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Railroad Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Question Railroad Bridge

Hello all , have a question , I have heard about a submerged railroad bridge on Lake Eufaula , was wondering if anyone knows where it is . Heard there is some great crappie fishing there .

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

never herd of a rilroad but there is a road bridge at the mouth of pataula creek . also a pond dam just north of the sunken bridge .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Papasage , I use to crappie fish years ago in N.C. , but moved to Florida and then to Ga. and got into saltwater fishing . I have recently started crappie fishing again and am loving it. I haven't fished Blackshear yet , but have been to Eufaula , just wish it was closer. I live in Willacoochee , Ga. so there isn't any big lakes close by. Caught a few crappie in the ocmulgee last weekend pitching a white beetle spin with a red spot.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Papajohn, are you close to Lake Talquin? Theres always ALOT of talk about those hugh crappie there.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Talquin is about 140 miles from me. Almost the same distance as Lake Eufaula. May try it sometime , Would have to buy Florida fishing licenses though.
    Lake Eufaula is 131 miles from me and they have an agreement with Georgia.

Post Thanks / Like

Also GaBowman , Your wife sounds like mine. LOL , I think most wives are like that .

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

talquin is about the same didstance maby a little closer for you .
    check out the stickey on top [ meeting at the lumberyard ] . started by T&T .planning on being there that week for several dayes .

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...it's gotta be tough having to travel so far to get to a nice lake to fish.:o I guess I'm very lucky to have 3 lakes all within 30 minutes drive and another 4 or 5 more around 2 hrs drive from my house.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at the old maps north of the bridge. The old railroad bed is still there. Back in the 70's, great producer of bass. Saw 70+ lbs come off that old railroad by a gentleman from Lexington Ky during a BASS tournament. Ralph Poly?(not sure of spelling)

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

is that north of hwy 82 bridge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast