Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oconee - Saturday June 26

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oconee - Saturday June 26

Me and some buddies fished Saturday night on Oconee and did real well. We caught over fifty and kept 20. We fished from just before dark till about 12:30 am. We were fishing in the trees across from Long Shoals Cover by the point with the flag pole. I had two green lights in the water and we were anchored next to a tree in 28 feet of water. When the bait fish moved in they were on. No bait - no bite. Back to my Lake Lanier blues. Lanier might be the most difficult lake in the world to fish (at least for me). I do ok when I go way up north into the rivers but I live on the south end and can't seem to figure out where the heck those Crappie hide.

Good luck to everyone. Oconee fished great as usual.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Great report okee, hope to get up there next weekend for a try at some, just got through eatin the last of my fillets, time to make something happen.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report and nice catch okee. Sounds like you boys had a great time. Russell is to me like Lanier is to you. It's practically in my backyard but I havent fished it hardly at all this year other than during the spawn. I've been spending most of my time on Clark Hill this year. CH is the lake I learned to fish on 30+ years ago so it's more like "home" to me anyway.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I went fishing on LANIER june 19 and I caught 153 went again on the 26 caught 207 I fished for 5 hours both times during the day water temp was 85 to 89 I fished 1ft to 15ft deep from the bank to 32ft of warer they were biting minnow to jigs I was by my self on body would go with me they said it was to hot

Post Thanks / Like

Default lanier

Quote Originally Posted by crapper View Post
    I went fishing on LANIER june 19 and I caught 153 went again on the 26 caught 207 I fished for 5 hours both times during the day water temp was 85 to 89 I fished 1ft to 15ft deep from the bank to 32ft of warer they were biting minnow to jigs I was by my self on body would go with me they said it was to hot
    fished from 6:30 till 11. caught about 50, kept 18 good ones. minnows are the key right now. brush had to be in at least 20 foot of water. no jig bites on docks at all. take a cooler full of ice with you because they will not last 5 minutes in the live well even with the aireators running. water temp 86 at 11:00

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lanier

Thanks for the reports on Lanier guys. I'm taking my brother in law tonight. He's in from Mississippi. I guess I'll probably go tie up to the 6 Mile Creek bridge. I haven't had luck there in years but I guess I'll give it a shot anyway. I was thinking about trying that bridge in Flowery Branch Creek. I've never fished it and it looks great. Do you guys have any suggestions? I have a bass boat that I use. If you guys ever want to go, let me know. I can't promise any results on Lanier but happy to take you sometime. I've got Colon Cancer and I'm going through chemo so I can basically go on my off weeks. I try to go as much as I can but that chemo is kicking my but.

Good luck to you all and thanks for the feedback and great posts.

Craig

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okeespec View Post
    Thanks for the reports on Lanier guys. I'm taking my brother in law tonight. He's in from Mississippi. I guess I'll probably go tie up to the 6 Mile Creek bridge. I haven't had luck there in years but I guess I'll give it a shot anyway. I was thinking about trying that bridge in Flowery Branch Creek. I've never fished it and it looks great. Do you guys have any suggestions? I have a bass boat that I use. If you guys ever want to go, let me know. I can't promise any results on Lanier but happy to take you sometime. I've got Colon Cancer and I'm going through chemo so I can basically go on my off weeks. I try to go as much as I can but that chemo is kicking my but.

Good luck to you all and thanks for the feedback and great posts.

Craig
    Good luck okeespec. I hope you guys catch a stringer full like in your avatar.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.