Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 color no cut tail 1.5" tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 color no cut tail 1.5" tubes

I have been thinking about how to make this, and finally got it worked out. they are 1.5" tube baits. I shoot the tail one color , and the head another. Have a insert that is splined for the tail so there is no cutting necessary.

Attachment 43248

Name:  DSCF4233.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  105.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Are the inserts the size of the inside diameter and hollowed out inside the insert and then you just pull the insert off the top part and reshoot and it fills the space where the insert was? Is the pink color actually over the top of the black? Looks good

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a good color combo, looks good.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigtwins View Post
    I have been thinking about how to make this, and finally got it worked out. they are 1.5" tube baits. I shoot the tail one color , and the head another. Have a insert that is splined for the tail so there is no cutting necessary.

Attachment 43248

Name:  DSCF4233.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  105.0 KB
    very professional looking you definitely did a great job on your mold. I hope to see more of your work I sent you a PM

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Are the inserts the size of the inside diameter and hollowed out inside the insert and then you just pull the insert off the top part and reshoot and it fills the space where the insert was? Is the pink color actually over the top of the black? Looks good

The inserts fit inside the mold, and you shoot the tail first with the top half of the mold removed and a block off plate installed. Then remove block off plate and bolt on top half of mold and shoot the head. The inserts stay inside the mold till you pull the baits. The pink is not over the black, they are shot separately . Its a bit complicated, I need to try to simplify the process. this was just a test mold to see if it would work.

Post Thanks / Like

well it is still pretty cool and I like it. when you get it mastered please donate me and snake one of them there molds

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    well it is still pretty cool and I like it. when you get it mastered please donate me and snake one of them there molds
    yes I agree 100% that would definitely solve all my problems. On making 2 color tubes.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Sorry but I don't think I'll be making any donations in the near future. lol these are a lot of work to make! i shot some today, I'll have to post some pics tomorrow, because they are on the boat. Going out in the AM to look for some perch and crappie. Taking my youngest out with us too. She tied some jigs last night and is ready to fish them. She is only 10 and she can tie some pretty good jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Sorry but I don't think I'll be making any donations in the near future. lol these are a lot of work to make! i shot some today, I'll have to post some pics tomorrow, because they are on the boat. Going out in the AM to look for some perch and crappie. Taking my youngest out with us too. She tied some jigs last night and is ready to fish them. She is only 10 and she can tie some pretty good jigs.
    good luck fishing tomorrow any time that you get ready to make some of those make sure that you let me know .

www.bobsjigs.com

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is cool!! 10 and already good at tying
    Hope y'all have a good catch with your new tye's.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast