Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talquin in November??????????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talquin in November??????????

I came down to Talquin in Feb.And it whipped my butt.The wind was horrible and the rainwas wet.We caught 1 fish in 2 days.That being said, I have never let a lake whip me and get by with it. I am looking at coming to Talquin in November, maybe the week of Thanksgiving.What can I expect to find that time of year and what techniques should I get ready for?
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashtrout View Post
    I came down to Talquin in Feb.And it whipped my butt.The wind was horrible and the rainwas wet.We caught 1 fish in 2 days.That being said, I have never let a lake whip me and get by with it. I am looking at coming to Talquin in November, maybe the week of Thanksgiving.What can I expect to find that time of year and what techniques should I get ready for?
    November is usually a good month for Talquin. The week of Thanksgiving was tough last year but was awesome the year before that...You just never know...There are a few of us having a "Get Together" down at Talquin on Nov 6. It would be great to have you join us. There isnt going to be any competition of any kind, just finding and catching fish and having fun with a Fish Fry afterwards. Trolling will be the best technique to use with probably a #4 split shot and some lightwire hooks....The color...well....we'll find out when we get there...Usually Bubblegum, Popsicle, and Wildcat are good colors to start out with.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Before last year, November was my favorite time. This year some of the best fishing was around April and May timeframe. Still like the cold weather fishing the best......the channel at Polk Creek is hard to beat.

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

If you are seriously thinking about going that week you might want to go ahead and make reservations....not sure how things are the first of the week down there but the end of that week is usually REAL crowded.....not hard to find where the fish are biting though....just look for the boats and brings plenty of jig heads........