Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Madison 2010 Classic

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Madison 2010 Classic

Hadn't fished for catfish for 50+ years, but decided that the crappie fishing in IN was not as good as FL, GA or AL and a waste of time. To many ski boats and ski do's. Starting looking at catfish sites and found the Madison 2010 Classic. Signed up just to learn the new methods of chasing catfish. Pior to this, I fished for catfish with trot lines and Dnets since the middle 50's.

Met some great people, just like those of C.C. Attached are some pictures you might enjoy. Didn't fish the full days, quit about 12:00. To hot and I need to rig my boat with some comforts to help endure this hot weather.

The largest was a 16lb Blue and I ended up with a two day total of 62#. Not bad for an old man.

Lot's of fun when fishing by yourself and two blues that were above 5# hit at once. One rod in your hand and the other between your legs. Now thats a memory.

I now plan to crappie fish the fall, winter and spring and then overlap the fall and spring with catfish. During the summer I will fish the nite tournaments.

Chuck
    Last edited by chuckauten; 06-28-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Madison is a popular tourney. Were you drift fishing? I got a buddy that keeps telling me the blues are hot up that way.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Drift fishing about a mile east of the 421 bridge on the IN side. Worked the 15 to 25 ft water. Forgot my cut bait the first day, fortunatley I had bought a jar of stink bait. The 16#and the other three were caught on stink bait. Man when a blue hits, it's like a freight train taking off. Had a great time.

If I am not mistaken, the winner found his below the dam by you.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Your just one big show off.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAWHIDE View Post
    Your just one big show off.......
    Yeah^^^^^What he said^^^^^:p....Glad you found a few fish Chuck. Looks like you had a good time!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

How about that. A giant catfish for a man that has a giant heart. I look forward to fishing with you again soon Chuck. Hopefully I can make it down to Talquin and meet up with you soon.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good going Chuck.....looks like you have mastered another skill.

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't use light wire hooks. Catching these big guys are still not as exciting as a two lb plus crappie. Working on my first 3+ lber.

Ragfly I hope you make the November lumber yard get together. Back to the old times when I first met all you GA guys and gals.

Chuck