Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft Gordon tourney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ft Gordon tourney

Finished in 2nd place with 13lbs, got beat by one little fish. Reminder to self always use your net in a tourney. Longlined double 1/16 with hotgrubs. Got to hot to be on the water but it was fun.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

How many crappie did you weigh in? 13 pounds is excellent this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

About 32. None were over 10oz. This lake is stunted pretty bad, we are trying to catch some more crappie out of the lake. Im restricted to two rods which sucks for me, not use to fishing with only two rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I have only pulled jigs once before in June and that was at Lake Talquin. I am usually just shooting docks by the time June rolls around. Let me know if you want some help thinning out them small crappie, even if I have to i use two rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunetly this lake is only open for tournaments, they have about 4 crappie tournaments a year. I think the next one is in the fall sometime. I really think they should open it up year round to fix the problem. Not uncommon to catch 100 crappie in the spring and fall and still not have one over pound. But there have been some outstanding crappie from the lake, one over 4lb that I know of.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yep it is to hot for me i can`t fish with swet in my eyes
    retired and now i will always fish

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That had to hurt only getting to use two rods when you usually pull 14. No more than that area gets fished hopefully alot enter the tourneys and everyone caught alot of fish. Congrats on your finish.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to tell them that i can fish 14 rods with no problem Normally there is about 20 people but most fish minnows with corks. Couple have started trolling and I think its growing on them.

Post Thanks / Like

good job di its still fun to catch that many

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ft Gordon Tourney

DI, thought you came in first with all those crappie? I know I took first for big crappie, 12 oz, Folks I only caught 7 but, I fish quality not quantee. For angler of the year at the club they only weigh-in 5 biggest fish. I weighed in early and I just new that 12 oz was not going to hold up. DI hadn't weighed in yet and I new he had a boat load. Got lucky, in fact I got lucky the last tournament and tied for big fish. I think it was 11 oz. It all about camaraderie and having fun. Bass tournament this Sunday DI lets see what you got. I like the big buck contests also. I've placed in all of them.
    I caught my crappie on a minnow that Walmart sells it's about 2" clear and shinney with silver bill on the front. Good luck.:p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast