Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Molds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Molds

Anybody try making their own plastic molds using this type of material? It looks pretty simple.
    YouTube - TU 2010 Vaccum forming

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

they are making blister packs to put plastic lowers into I see no practical use for it is in making plastic baits. Or am I completely wrong.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is a neat process and it might work to make a mold of a hard bait, however I do not think it would work to make a copy of a soft plastic because I believe it would melt to the plastic bait. I could be way wrong though. It looks like it would be a lot of trouble, but if you mastered it and it worked, you could really do a lot with it. I do not have the know how to experiment with that, but thanks for posting it because it is neat.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

They are using them to make stencils to paint the lures. It is a cool process if you have a lot of lures that you wanted to paint the same way. Enjoyed the video, thanks for posting the link.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

For you guys that want to make molds for plastics you really need to check out the plastics section over at Tackle Underground!!!! They are making some amazing copies and proto-types of plastics and they are just like everyone here, more than willing to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

been there many times fatman

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    Anybody try making their own plastic molds using this type of material? It looks pretty simple.
    YouTube - TU 2010 Vaccum forming
    is that g3 in your aviator.

www.bobsjigs.com