Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a good remedy for fishy smelling hands

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Here's a good remedy for fishy smelling hands

I have always dreaded cleaning fish because I could never get the smell off my hands. I recently learned about this. Use Dawn liquid dish soap and about a tablespoon of salt { a little less will work too} and scrub hands together real good, rinse and then use a little fresh lemon juice to rinse again. Wait about 10-15 minutes and then repeat process. This really works well!

Post Thanks / Like

Best thing I've found and found it by accident is to use toothpaste. Rub it in good, rinse it off, fish smell is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab trackin View Post
    Best thing I've found and found it by accident is to use toothpaste. Rub it in good, rinse it off, fish smell is gone.
    Well Slab Trackin I tried your toothpaste remedy and man it worked really well and I didn't have to floss:D:D
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabby joe View Post
    Well Slab Trackin I tried your toothpaste remedy and man it worked really well and I didn't have to floss:D:D
    I wish I was able to catch some crappie like you slabby and slab trackin so I could try this out.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy isnt it Slabby. Wife had bought some wild lookn toothpaste for the grandkids in a pump dispenser. Heck, I thought it was hand soap and tellin her how good it worked on fish smell. She said honey that's toothpaste...lol. Colgate works great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chadku View Post
    I wish I was able to catch some crappie like you slabby and slab trackin so I could try this out.
    Well Chadku I hate to admit it but the fish I cleaned were channel cats from Louisburg Middlecreek This is LBMs technique of fishing around the fish feeders with 11ft. crappie rods and it is a blast! and I have to say that they are very good to eat:D(my wife likes them better than crappie and I'm not far behind her:o) Lee likes to fill his freezer in the summer with catfish and I can't blame him, they fight like crazy and really put a bend in those long rods. I'm still a "summer shallow slab" guy but hey this is FUN!!
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought of lee the other day when I was at lonestar bass fishin. 2 guys pullin em in just like that. No fish feeder there but they were on em like crazy. I am gonna have to give it a shot. I like the little whisker fellas too

Post Thanks / Like

Default prevention

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! I haven't had to worry about a fishy smell for several weeks. Taking the kid to swim lessons 4 nights a week sure cuts into MY recreation time.:rolleyes:

Going out this weekend though, and I intend to wear the fish slime like a badge of honor. I will reek with pride and smell like satisfaction.:D
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

You can also slip on a pair of purple nitrile gloves that you get at Walmart for around $5.00 for 40 pairs. Clean your fish or deer or anything else then just toss them. I like the toothpaste idea or I have used Irish Spring or Coast soap too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys.....Been using GoJo orange or cherry scented hand cleaner for years. I carry it in my knife bag with my fillet knives. Nothing works better. Ive picked it up at Wal Mart or auto parts stores. Try some. you will love the results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast