Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Basin may be Turning on

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Basin may be Turning on

I just got word that SacalaitSteve's and my little neice and her boy friend hit the Jackpot in the basin around the Franklin area this past Sunday and yesterday. I should not say the numbers they caught because I hate to see grown men cry. BUT! (115 Sunday (4) in the boat & in the 60's yesterday) Her dad, my brother, did not know the name of the spot. All he could say is that it has a funny name and they caught both days after 5:00 pm.
    The only way he could get me to stop crying was to promise he would get the name of the spot and what they were using.

Sacalait Steve,
    I assist at the celebration of the Mass Sunday morning but will be available after 12:00 noon if you are free, or anyone else reading this that might want to venture into the basin.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    I just got word that SacalaitSteve's and my little neice and her boy friend hit the Jackpot in the basin around the Franklin area this past Sunday and yesterday. I should not say the numbers they caught because I hate to see grown men cry. BUT! (115 Sunday (4) in the boat & in the 60's yesterday) Her dad, my brother, did not know the name of the spot. All he could say is that it has a funny name and they caught both days after 5:00 pm.
    The only way he could get me to stop crying was to promise he would get the name of the spot and what they were using.

Sacalait Steve,
    I assist at the celebration of the Mass Sunday morning but will be available after 12:00 noon if you are free, or anyone else reading this that might want to venture into the basin.

Deacon.......You're killin' me! I would fight off a squad of marines for a seat in that boat! Wish you the best of luck......... if my jet wasn't down for maintenance I would already be there!! COL! (cry out loud)

Post Thanks / Like

Free? oh yea! want to go Feaux Sheaux!
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Free? oh yea! want to go Feaux Sheaux!
    Is there such a place as Cypress Island in the basin? Or, Cypress Bayou?

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon do you remember when we went to the boutte and the Orange barrel canal we left from the landing and went to the right till we came to a cut to the left and took it till we came to the river and crossed over to the 21"? well me too but I have no Idea were the cypress Island is no just joking when you get into the canal to the left after leaving the landing there is a cut to the left that leads to cypress island you go to the right inside cypress island and fish a canal in the back I caught a bit of sacalait in there already. but I do remember when the water is low you need to stay on step till you get to the back of cypress Island but I'm not sure how low the water has to be before you need to worry about staying on step .Hey are you going with someone or do I need to get my boat ready to follow you. No big deal just like to know the arrangements.Also the basin is supposed to drop below 5 feet when they went in the basin was above 6ft.if for some reason we can't get in Cypress Island we can go to the boutte or Orange Barrel canal.
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 10-13-2004 at 03:35 PM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Angry One Way ticket to the Boot!!

Will trade boat, hardly used fishing gear and truck for a one way ticket to the Boot to join this mid-Oct. white perch extravaganza!!!!!!!!!!!!11 You guys are killing me here. Next you'll be posting about how you served the crappie with a card board box full of crawfish on the side. Fish On Gents, Fish On!!!!!!!
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChris1
    Will trade boat, hardly used fishing gear and truck for a one way ticket to the Boot to join this mid-Oct. white perch extravaganza!!!!!!!!!!!!11 You guys are killing me here. Next you'll be posting about how you served the crappie with a card board box full of crawfish on the side. Fish On Gents, Fish On!!!!!!!
    Crawfish! Man the season is over. We're serving boiled & stuffed crabs, fried oysters, fried shrimp, hush-puppies, onion rings, fresh home-made bread, followed by hot pecan pie with a scoop of Home made vanilla ice-cream on top.

Oh! By the way. Send a picture of the truck and boat. I just might spring for that one way ticket. LOL!