Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Open Crappie Tournament, Wheeler March 18th

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Open Crappie Tournament, Wheeler March 18th

There is Crappie Tournament open to the public on Wheeler lake on March 18th out of Second Creek boat launch at Joe Wheeler state park. The tournament is hosted by the Shoasls Area Crappie Association, but once again is open to the public.

Registration for the tournament will begin the Saturday morning of the tournament at 5:00am.
    The tournament entry fee is $30 and a rules a regualtion sheet must be signed that morning.
    Fishermen may launch at any time after registration.
    Fishermen may begin fishing no sooner than 6:30am, and must stop fishing at 3:00pm.
    All fishermen must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00pm.
    Seven LIVE fish may be weighed in. No dead fish will be weighed.
    One or two member teams are acceptable.
    Life jackets must be worn if boat is on plane.

Here is a detailed rules sheet.

Shoals Area Crappie Association
    S.A.C.A.Shoals Area Crappie Association Rules
    Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left up to the current officers and or tournament committee.

1 Participation in each tournament is open to all members, and non members in the open tournament.
    2 You may enter alone or with the partner of your choice.
    3 Permitted fishing waters shall be defined as areas open to all participants of the event and accessible by normal navigational means only. Fishing within 25 feet of a marina gas pump or within 25 feet of a competitor’s boat, which was first anchored, is prohibited. (trolling motor must be in the upright position to be considered anchored). A safe and courteous distance should be maintained when trolling motors are in use. Amy violation of off limit water will result in disqualification.
    4 Practice is allowed at the events until 6:00pm the day before the tournament.
    5 In the case of extreme weather and/or water conditions, SACA reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event with the return of entry fees by mail.
    6 Teams may start fishing (line in water) anywhere in the permitted fishing waters at 6:30am and may continue until 3:00pm. Any fishing by a team member before or after the se times will result in the team’s disqualification.
    7 Two-person team (one boat per team) must stay within 25 feet of each other while fishing and must fish out of a boat or pontoon. Boats less than 10 feet in length are not allowed.
    8 Teams may use rod and reel combos, hand held pole rod and reel combos or hand held poles. There is an 8- pole limit per team except where state limits are set at a lesser number.
    9 Live and artificial bait may be used.
    10 Crappie must be hooked and landed with a rod or pole by team member(s). Crappie must be hooked through the lip or in the mouth.
    11 All boats should meet US Coast Guard and State regulations. All boats must have an emergency kill switch and should be attached to the drive running during the tournament day.
    12 Teams must comply with all state fishing and boating regulations, including the use of PFD’s. Fishing and boating liscences are the responsibility of team members.
    13 Crappie must be weighed at the official SACA weigh in sight. Both team members must be present at the time of weigh-in.
    14 No team will be allowed to join the weigh-in line after 4:00pm. Anglers must be in line with fish by 4:00pm.
    15 A team can weigh in not more that 7 crappie and those 7 crappie must be alive when entering the official weigh-in line.
    16 All crappie brought to the scales for weigh in must have been caught during the tournament hours and in the designated tournament waters.
    17 All crappie weighed in must meet the SACA 9 inch limit and state regulation requirements and must not have any weight enhancements.. Any team bringing fish to the scales smaller than 9 inches, or weight enhanced will be automatically disqualified.
    18 All fish must be alive at weigh-in
    19 Alcoholic beverages and drugs, other than prescription, are not allowed in the boat to be consumed during the tournament hours.
    20 The Shoals Area Crappie Association is not liable for any loss, damages, or injury occurring before, during, or after tournament times.
    Acknowledgement

I, __________________________________________________ __ hereby acknowledge by my signature that I have read, or had read to me, and understand the SACA association rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone still has to launch from the same boat ramp?
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Will It Be Possible To Pre Register.me And Three Other Guys At Work Were Wondering.we Work B Shift And Live In The Moulton Area

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

--yes, we launch from the same launch.

--Pre registration is ok. My suggestion is to call me or try to get up with me the week prior to the tournament. We have a meeting the Monday night before the tournament at 7:00pm.

Has anyone fished spring creek lately?

Post Thanks / Like

no but plan on going thursday morning went to mallard creek last two days fished two people today 16 rods 3hours not a single fish stripe or anything