Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oconee night stalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oconee night stalk

Hopefully heading to do a night stalk at Oconee Friday night. Haven't been fishing in about 6 weeks now and it's killing me. Any suggestions on where to go? Never been night stalkin on Oconee.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Timber in the mouth of sugar and lick creek is always good. Lick creek has always been my best spot. Straight out from the submerged island, pick ya a submerged tree as close as you can get to the creek channel and anchor over it. Timber below long shoals is where you'll see the most boats and is a excellent spot as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Was out last night from 8 till 3. Caught 2 fish shooting docks before dark. After dark, we only caught 4 more. Tried 3 different spots. I feel like I must be doing something wrong. It was a beautiful night on the lake, and it was good to get the boat out again.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you fish?
    Chucky Boy and I caught around 130 shooting docks yesterday and kept 45. There seems to be more dock shooters each time we go. We all just follow each other around and hope you are doing something better and they missed a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Mouth of lick creek, mouth of sugar creek, next to the "Mansion" and another cove. We spent a couple of hours at each location.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you mark a lot of fish? When you going back?

Post Thanks / Like

We went last night as well Score, we ran into the samething you did. We moved three times as well over the course of the night around Long Shoals. Everyone I saw wasn't doing much at all. We were at Lick Creek last Friday night and caught 60 crappies and about 20 catfish. Guess it is hit and miss. We caught about 20 crappies last night and about 4 catfish, no size except one that went 1.5.