Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Alumanum Boat Welding

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alumanum Boat Welding

Well while fishing this weekend I started getting some water in the bottom of my boat. After inspecting it, I found a crack in my aluminum weld on the transom. I called Triton today and they will fix it for free if it's a defect but the closest dealer to here that will look at it is 2 hours away just to see what is wrong with, then they can schedule a time to fix it. I stoped in at bass pro and they don't do it.

Does anyone know a good guy that is mobile or in Olathe that can weld a seam on a boat? Only about 4 inches long but looking for a good guy to call.

Nick
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having some work done on my boat in Sullivan MO which is 54 miles from my house in st louis mo. but welders aren't that easy to find that will do any custom work. check the yellow pages

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Triton from Pro Choice Marine in Warsaw, Mo.....is that the one that is 2 hrs away....I drove 750 miles to get the best deal from them.....nice folks.......good luck....

second thought.....try to find a steel fabricating shop in your area...they usually will have someone who can do aluminum......be sure you do not void your warrenty....check w/ Triton
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

duck you may try linders in stillwell

Post Thanks / Like

Just my .02, but in this age of technology, surely you can send them a couple digital photos of the crack. Then they should be able to determine whether or not they will fix it under warranty and you can decide if it's worth the 2 hour drive.

If they won't fix it under warranty, I would think most welding shops would be able to handle it without any trouble. Heck, I've tig welded aluminum pontoons before myself. It wasn't pretty like a West Coast Choppers job or anything, but it didn't leak either.:D There's gotta be a dozen people in KC who could do a professional job on it.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

You could try Harrison's machine shop in Olathe. Not sure about the phone # but they are located at Kansas Ave and Dennis Ave. They have done some aluminum welding in our pools here for the city they do pretty good work.