Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new member - need any advise for wilson lake

Post Thanks / Like

Question new member - need any advise for wilson lake

I just joined crappie.com. I love reading the info you guys share. Can anyone
    suggest locations or tips for wilson lake. I will be at our river house next week
    end and would like to do some fishing. havent been crappie fishing long so whatever info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

Hey Toolman. Your best bet is Shoals Creek. Go under the bridge and fish in the bends of the creek. CAught some fish in brush creek about 2 weeks ago which is the first creek on the right past the second bend. Fish a minnow rig with a 3/4 or 1 ounce weight with two hooks pegged above them. Also called a bottom bounce rig or a drop shot rig. Drop it to the bottom, reel up about twice and drift around in 18-25 feet of water, or even deeper keeping the bait close to the bottom.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default brush creek

Is brush creek on the right just past the marina with house boats and gas pump. Not the marina beside the new bridge.

Our river house is near Happy Hollow bridge.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, just past the marina on the right as the creek starts to straighten out again.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association