Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting At "The Lumberyard"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meeting At "The Lumberyard"

Rawhide and I have been talking about this for a while and decided that this is a good time to bring this up.
    On November 6, 2010,at Lake Talquin Lodge, there will be a good old fashioned "Get Together" at Lake Talquin, aka The Lumberyard. This is not to be confused with a Slabfest. Below are the rules:
    Rule #1...There are no rules.
    Rule #2... See Rule #1.
    There will not be a "Host" for this day of fishing. Just show up and enjoy and day of fishing and a fish fry that Saturday evening with Crappie.com members. Any of the Crappie.com members from Georgia, Florida, Alabama or any of the other 47 states are invited. There will be no group cookout on Friday night to talk about the rules because there are not any rules.(See Rule #1)
    No live wells will be checked, no trophies will be awarded for most weight or big fish, no pole or jig limits, and no restrictions on how the fish can be caught as long as you take the responsibility of abiding by the state and lake laws.
    We only ask you to bring supplies for cooking the fish on that Saturday night and that everyone participates in cleaning the fish, cooking the meal and cleaning up afterwards. The closer the time gets, we may see who is bring what to insure that we have the necessary supplies, but that is as complicated as it gets. Leave the attitudes at home and bring your sense of humor:D. Lets fish in a non-competitive atmosphere and have a good time. After all, that is what it is really all about...The 4 F's, Fishing, Food, Fun and Fellowship.
    Early November should be a good time because there are no tournaments (that we know of) scheduled in this area, it is before the cold weather kicks in,the fishing should be getting good and before the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays hits our wallets. I think it is time we regroup!!
    Last edited by papasage; 06-04-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Count me in

I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Anything I can do to help, let me know.

Hey Jimmy, want to be my partner?

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tim thats great I think. If I have the money you will definately find me there. If ya need a cooker then I got one.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wished Fla. wasnt so far away. That sounds like my kind of fun.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great except the rule seem a little complicated, I'll have it memorized by then. It's on my calendar and if I'm able I'll be there. The rules sound a little like a plaque I have on the wall above my desk at work, it says, Rule # 1 - The boss is always right and rule # 2 is - If the boss is wrong refer to rule # 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds Good

Hey Tim, those are about the same rules we had at the Allatoona get together last November. We did not have the first problem with them either. We are planning another one at the same location. Thankfull will post the date and times after our meeting at the end of June.
    I am going to try to make Talquin for your event.
    Go Navy

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

See you there. Always good to put some names with faces or vice- versa.

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

I will be comong with the Chiefand I also have a cooker, we I nvite all you South Ga., Fla.,Ala. and SC. ,NC. and anyone else to come up to our event on Allatoona as well It will be in the first half of Oct.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

this sounds like a great plan!!!if i havent lost the house and truck by then,I will try to make this event as well.Maybe I will be healed and back to work by then,but not holding my breath

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean I can wear my pink shirt and Chuckautean can wear his blue sweater.....

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast