Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toona at night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toona at night

With the weather getting so hot and summer boat traffic , I want to start doing some night fishing. I'm ok with catfishing but haven't targeted anything else at night. Any advice wuold be great. Lights, baits, setups ? Thanks.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's about as good advice as I've heard anywhere. Good luck getting setup.

Crappie.com - Crappie Fishing Information and Adventure - Nightstalking for Crappie
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that is a good article with some great info. I was kinda hoping for some local info too. As you know Allatoona doesn't have a lot of structure and doesn't have a whole lot of docks on the top end. Would it be worthwhile to try the usual spring time spots ?

Post Thanks / Like

The first pic is of a bait ball swarming my light the second pic is the result of said bait ball it was taken 2 years ago almost to the day

Name:  shad5.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  06-08-08 crappie.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  47.9 KB

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Earl, I haven’t fished the toona at night in several years, I am too old, too fat and too lazy. Places I have had success in the past are Kellogg Creek Bridge, Little River Bridge, Knox Bridge (if you can stand the bugs) and the mouth of Sweetwater creek and off point 44e.
    The problem on the north end is that the COE has turned over operations of little river and Fields landing to the Cherokee co. parks and rec. and for a long time they locked the gates at 10 p.m. That’s one reason that I quit night fishing, however I think that they are keeping Little river open now in the summer months and if you contact the parks and Rec. office they will give you a code for the gate at fields Landing. Call the Parks and Rec. office and check it out though.
    Good luck Jud
    born to Fish, forced to work

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks . I usually put in at Knox .
    CK , is that just a regular float light or is it a colored bulb ? Those are impressive pics !

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Earl..
    Im a compleat newbee to night fishing to but im game for learning to,,,Maybee we can hook up one night and give it a run,, I fish most of the time durring the week so I miss the boat trafic and crowds..." I work rotating shift "
    I think I have everything to get started,
    Give me a shout some time...
    Puddle
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me,,

Post Thanks / Like

Will do Puddle. Just waiting for the storms to pass.

Post Thanks / Like

The lights are actually green lights that you see the kids with under their cars weighted on one to float vertical, and can be bought on ebay in a set of 4 for less than 100 bucks.
    We fished Tonna last night and the fish didn't cooperate only 5 keepers.
    I think I'll fish Weiss next weekend.

Mike

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have several more to sink in the water . this eliminates the water with out the bright blinding lights.also have one under the front with 2 more on the other side . might put a couple on the back side.

Last edited by papasage; 06-09-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast