Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restore & Rebuild

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Restore & Rebuild

Good morning Folks, could not sleep. We are going to put this trouble behind us now and rebuild this board to it's former glory and better. we will do it together. Papasage and I are open to your ideas and sugestions. this is Ed Moes site, he has provided it for us to use and enjoy. Thank you Ed. so lets move forward now. I am recovering from my surgery now and able to go fishing. I have enjoyed your fishing reports. I wish you all a great and wonderful day with Gods blessings. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to hear that you are doing better Jimmy. There are alot of us that read this board daily but don't post like we once did because of all the "uneasiness" (Is that a word?) but would love to see things improve. I have talked with several people who share my feelings. I am not sure if things can ever be what it once was but I believe that it can be better than it once was if we just get back to the basics. A couple of members and I have been talking lately and have come up with something but have been waiting on things to cool down before posting it. Hopefully it can be posted later today. Looking forward to fishing with you soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimmy for the action that you are taking, you have my full support. I miss the friendly banter and reports that used to be the mainstay on this board. Good to hear from you TNT and I'm looking forward to reading what you all have in mind.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amen

Whew, a hint of old times. Let's do the positive and get back to fun slabfests and fishing. This will take the effort of everyone to look at the future and not the past. If you don't have anything to say about the future and what you would enjoy in a slabfest, then just view and not comment.

Jimmie is trying to get us back on track and he can't do it without our help. He has faced enough challeges this year, let us help him making the slabfests fun.

I have a saying, it is easy to gripe about something, but it takes a little effort to suggest improvements. Similar to the smile saying. It takes less muscles (effort) to smile and it will take more muscles (effort) to frown.

Thanks Jimmy, I know that everyone is with you. Now is the time for the silent majority to join in and give us your positive posts also.

I will be thinking this weekend and will add my positive thoughts later.

Jimmy, please don't lose sleep, everyting will work out in its own time as long as project (not problem) is feed by positive people.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one am glad to see the Ga. board trying to get back to it's old self. I've never been a regular poster here as I live in N. Ga. and fish the Ga./SC chain of lakes so most of my postings are on the SC board but I do read alot to see what's going on here on this board.

I would hope that in the future ANY negativism towards ANYBODY would be deleted instantly, even whole threads if necessary, and handled thru PM's one on one with the mods and the few involved to help keep the board running smoothly and peaceful. I'd say if a brand new member or a long time member needs their toes stepped on, then please do it. The ones looking for drama needs to pack it in and go somewhere else IMO.:rolleyes:

One slabfest (I think it was, but maybe it was just called a Ga/SC clash) was held here on Lake Russell. The fishing stunk but the folks attending couldnt have been nicer. As far as I know everything went without a glitch. Of course anything held here is done without ANY MONEY getting into people's eyes as a trophy. We just have trophies. Our opinion here is that money will start causing problems so we just dont need it to still have fun.

Keep it simple guys and girls. Let's talk fishing, offer suggestions, and give some hints to the newbies or strangers wanting to fish different waters. Get back to what it was....enjoying the posts, having some laughs, talking about fishing, and just having some fun.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

:rolleyes:I look forward going back to the way things were when I first started here. Meeting folks for the first time, having coffee with an old grumpy man by the fire early in the morning, getting reported for cooking breakfast at 400am, having some of Faith's bake beans, here skillet snore so loud the fish are wearing ear muff's. But most of all I miss the fellowship and sharing fishing tips, sites and jigs with the people that created this great forum and slabfest. I could name alot of people but I know I would miss some. Thanks again Jimmy and Ed for putting this forum back the way everyone enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

i hope this board can get back to the way when i first started here. all these uneasy feelling is why i havent posted. i didn't want to get mixed up in it.
    i'm looking for better times ahead
    Got crappie?:D

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Jimmy and i will work hard to keep it like it was . if anyone has a beef with anyone do it with PN and not on open bord . plans are in the works for some good dayes and fellow ship in the future .
    if anyone has a probablem let me know and we will deal with it and not on open forum .
    now lets go fishing and do some good reports on when and how and where the fish are bitting .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

well good.My fishing partenor and I have a saying.."its all about the crappie!!" hehehe
    fish more fuss less.money is root all evil.bla bla..
    Did I tell you guys I got my first mountable crappie several weeks ago??I think I did.Got it back from the taxidermist about a week or so ago..Man she looks great on my wall..My first mount of anything...at age 38..lol pretty cool me thinks..

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Where is the proof? How about a picture. Still looking for my 3#. Hopfully this fall.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast