Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cat fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat fishin

hey guys i was just wonderin what some of you use for stink baits for channel cat. i used to use Bee Jay's but since they went out of business i haven't been able to find another one that produces like it did. What do some of you guys use, not looking for anyone's secret bait.

Thanks,
    Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Drew. I just went out to check out the bait that my father in law swore by. I still have a jar and its called Sonnys sticky catfish bait. You fill like a latex tube with holes in it. At least thats the way he used it. I ve never tried it. When he was alive thats what he used, I just kept hold of the jar. I know your grandpa can get you a jar of it south of gardner at the gas station that sells bait. You can always go to the old stand by, shad gizzards, or guts, there kind of hard to come by. But, they work really well. I always have good luck with turkey liver. By the way I called your grandpa yesterday after I read your post. Take care.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I always use catfish charlie's and now the sudden impact from Team Catfish. cant go wrong with either one

Post Thanks / Like

Default Soy Bean Dough Bait

This stuff works good in lakes and ponds, but not running water.

Put six inches of beans in bucket cover with 4-5 inches of water and seal top and let set in sun 3-5 days. Insure water level stays over top of beans. Once fermented and softened, put in a blender half full and add 1 1/2 Tsp of vanilla and 1/4 Tsp of anis oil. After blending put in a large bowl and knead in whole wheat flour to the desired consistancy. Takes lots of flour. Form a ball and refergerate. I usually use old cottage cheese containers.

Use a 8, 10 ,or 12 treble hook and normally no sinker. If you don't get a bite in 10 -15 min rebait and cast to a new location. I usually take along some extra whole wheat flour in case the dough is too loose after setting awhile.
    It will slough off slowly in the water drawing the fish.

Don't store in your house refrig. unless you double seal. Rotten soy beans do smell. Catfish love rotten stuff! I have also used soybean meal doing the same process.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Spam. My biggest was 27lb. channel cat on rod and reel, Wilson State Lake. Cut into small chunks and fish on a khale hook. The old Arkansas blue cat record of 103lbs was caught on a big hunk of Spam. It stays on hook very well. It won't work everytime, but thats why they call it fishin and not catchin!

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny's is pretty good stuff, I've used it in Vermont and my son is stationed at Ft. Riley and I just sent him some. I usually add some vegetable oil to it and stir it up works really good for me.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

secret 7 is best stink bait i have ever used by far check some out you will love it good luck
    team member

of the 2011 winners of the c.d.c. lake hartwell fall fest

Post Thanks / Like

We use cut-bait in the bean fields(carp,drum,whites) some days it's like
    Halloween when your the only porch light on. Another thing to try is standing
    timber, we'll go from tree to tree dippin' cut bait on the shady side, it
    PRODUCES well at Marion
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat