Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Fishing?!?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's Fishing?!?

What? Nothing to talk about?!?

So...who's fishing this long weekend? Where ya going and which method you using? I'm still longlining and having some great success on Clark Hill. I'll be on the ramp at first light tomorrow.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Bowman I went this evening for a couple of nhoujrs and I caught 12. Alot of small ones. To many boats on the water with no respect for fisherman. Alot of Jet ski also. I want fish again until next weekend I will be in Maryland.

Soldierman

Post Thanks / Like

ive been fishing clarkshill im a kayaker and have been doing real good in deep water with minnows yeterday (fri) i went and could not stop the stripers from getting on caught three crappie and about 20 stripers which i dont care for but fun what part of the hill do you fih i fish coves close to the dam sc side probally go agian today and mon
    Give a man a fish he'll eat for the day, teach a man to fish he'll forget about eating!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

will be going tuesday after the holiday weekin . to menny boats on blacksher on the weekin . taking the grandkids camping and fishing for 3 dayes . know i am going to hgave a blast . 3 boys 10 11 and 12 . te other one is a girl 18 years old . seams like when i can go the water wasent in a good fishing condition . hope the river here will git right next week end
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Ill be in NC this weekend, im sure soldierman and I will help you out with those fish soon.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    What? Nothing to talk about?!?

So...who's fishing this long weekend? Where ya going and which method you using? I'm still longlining and having some great success on Clark Hill. I'll be on the ramp at first light tomorrow.
    So, tell us about this great success you've been having!... or is it a secret?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catdog15 View Post
    ive been fishing clarkshill im a kayaker and have been doing real good in deep water with minnows yeterday (fri) i went and could not stop the stripers from getting on caught three crappie and about 20 stripers which i dont care for but fun what part of the hill do you fih i fish coves close to the dam sc side probally go agian today and mon
    Catdog, that sounds like alot of fun. You ever hang into any of those BIG stripers when in the kayak? I'd love fishing near the dam for some of those stripers but unfortunately that's a bit far for me to come.:o I live and fish on the opposite end of Clark Hill than you.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    So, tell us about this great success you've been having!... or is it a secret?
    GDC, I found a hugh flat that is holding ALOT of crappie. The water depth is pretty much a constant 20' deep and the crappie are holding right off the bottom. With enough splitshot I am able to get the jigs deep enough for a pretty good bite. Lots of spawned out white crappie with no bellies which means not alot of weight, but still makes for some fast action pulling 10 rods. I'd say 90% of what I'm catching are dinks but still able to catch some in the 15" range.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish, Sincliar, yesterday and today in the ocean waves. Kept 25 yesterday.and didn't get to fish much today. The traffic was really bad.The water was high and they was pulling a lot of water, back and fourth. Caught a few good fish, today, mostly just cut grass and clean up at the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    GDC, I found a hugh flat that is holding ALOT of crappie. The water depth is pretty much a constant 20' deep and the crappie are holding right off the bottom. With enough splitshot I am able to get the jigs deep enough for a pretty good bite. Lots of spawned out white crappie with no bellies which means not alot of weight, but still makes for some fast action pulling 10 rods. I'd say 90% of what I'm catching are dinks but still able to catch some in the 15" range.
    Sounds like F-U-N to me!... you should give the 1/8 and 1/16 oz. tandem rig a try sometime, just for schicks and giggles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast