Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sinclair Sat. night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinclair Sat. night

Did good on sinclair Sat. night on the north end of the lake. Numbers and size were good, caught several fish that were 12-14 inches. We kept 48 and threw back twice that amount. Some of the bigger fish still had eggs. I wonder if they are left over eggs that never got layed out or some still laying here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great night. I'm still catching alot of fish with eggs or the remnant of eggs in them too. Its very common though for them not to lay every single egg they have. I've caught fish well on into the summer that still have small egg sacks in them. I dont know if they absorb them eventually or just drop the whole sacks at some point. Be interesting to know which.

Post Thanks / Like

At this stage of the game I think "leftover" or "remnant" are more likely correct. They no doubt discharge these over the course of the summer is my best guess. You no longer see any bulging bellies. Except on the "fishermen" of course.

Post Thanks / Like

What were they hitting? jigs or minnows. Thanks, and congrats on a good night of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

hitting jigs and really didn't matter which color, just throw it to the light and let it fall back to you and wait for your line to jump and set the hook. After we they quit hitting we pull close to the dock and shot our jigs up under the dock and catch the one hanging under the dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info CrappieSnack. Hopefully soon I will hit Sinclair at night.