Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talquin Heat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talquin Heat

Well I made it back to the old lumber yard on Thursday after a 5 week break and found 83 degress water temp in the AM and 90 in the PM. Keep 6 keepers over 12 inch's Thursday afternoon and quickly realized I was going to have to lower my exspectations if I was going to limit. Sorrydog and I cleaned a good 50 Saturday at lunch. Ate half Sat. nite and those 11 inch fish ain't bad either. Like the HOOKER said something is rite when you go to catching 4 and 5 lb. cat fish trolling acid rain. Good amount of brim and cat fish being caught all over the lake but didn't see real good size to the brim. Going back in a few weeks to fish a little and shut down the camper for the summer.....Want to wish Sorrydog a safe trip back to Iraq and don't forget to keep your head down.......

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the fish are still there. I plan on making one more trip before closing up for the summer. Thinking bout trolling with Hot Dogs ......but acid rain works pretty good on them catfish.

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure when I am going back to fish but it will be in the next couple of weeks. I'll be going down at least once a month until Fall just to check on the camper...The heat has just about got to be too much for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure sounds funny when you folks start talking about closing up your campers for the summer. Up north, folks are just opening them up! As much as I like fishing in the south, I could never live there with the summer heat. When it gets cold, you can always bundle up more, but when it gets hot, you can only take so much off.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wife, Son, Girlfriend and I had a great time. Too hot to fish but never to hot to have a good time. Thanks to every one at the Lodge for a great time and Rawhide I promise to get new blades for my fillet knife so you want have to take over next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Awesome time with great new friends

Just wanted to tell your guys I had a great time last weekend, It was awsome meeting all of you. I will be back down weekend of the 4th, after my sorrydog goes back to Iraq, sure will miss him. You guys are so great and can't wait to spend somemore great times with some great people. See ya soon!!!!!! Hey RAWHIDE made sure you get good and rested, If you are going to show this (ROOKY) haha, how to lay that turf on the deck. See you guys in a week and a half. Looking foward to it!!!!!!
    Last edited by Donna Dog; 05-26-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heard a good time was had

Quote Originally Posted by RAWHIDE View Post
    Well I made it back to the old lumber yard on Thursday after a 5 week break and found 83 degress water temp in the AM and 90 in the PM. Keep 6 keepers over 12 inch's Thursday afternoon and quickly realized I was going to have to lower my exspectations if I was going to limit. Sorrydog and I cleaned a good 50 Saturday at lunch. Ate half Sat. nite and those 11 inch fish ain't bad either. Like the HOOKER said something is rite when you go to catching 4 and 5 lb. cat fish trolling acid rain. Good amount of brim and cat fish being caught all over the lake but didn't see real good size to the brim. Going back in a few weeks to fish a little and shut down the camper for the summer.....Want to wish Sorrydog a safe trip back to Iraq and don't forget to keep your head down.......
    I heard the fish supper was good too that SD wife cooked and she was real surprised at the camper that SD bought for them there. That was quite a feat to pull off while over in Iraq. She was very excited about the whole thing especially getting to keep the lease site.

Yes, we need to pray for our military men and women who are in harms way protecting OUR freedom and we also need to pray for people like SD, who is part of the Civilian Contractors working over there who are also in harms way. They don't care if you are active or civilian as long as you are a dead american. Pray for their safety is a good thing to do daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey As I am sure you know I didn't make it down this weekend, had alot to do with the land we purchased and with Sorrydog going back to Iraq. It was a tuff week getting use to him being gone again. The two weeks he was home went by so fast. My favorite memories of the two weeks he was home was spent at Lake Talquin Lodge with some great friends. I will be down this coming weekend to do some work on our trailor. Hope to see you there. Hey Missy get ready for our Wal-Mart run. HAHA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyRed View Post
    That was quite a feat to pull off while over in Iraq. She was very excited about the whole thing especially getting to keep the lease site.

I'm like the guy in the H & R Block commericial-----"I Have People!"

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

As Rawhide said, "KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN". Will you be back by November for the get together on the 6th.

Keep in touch.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast