Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Orlando Wilson?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Orlando Wilson?

I remember watching "The Orlando Wilson Fishing Show" in the eighties.Just curious,does anyone know what happened to him?
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I have not heard that name in years. I will GOOGLE it and see if it has any recent info.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember hearing something about him having some serious tax problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to watch his show a lot. I have not seen him since I ran into him filming a show on a lake in Central Florida when I was crappie fishing many years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

He was and is very sucessful. I think I remember him wearing a Rolox watch on his shows. He's a developer and head of a bank in Georgia. He's money

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got this off the web. Hope it helps.

Early in his career, Mr. Wilson became involved in land development and the construction industry. Beginning in 1975, the focus of Mr. Wilson’s career turned to mass media pursuits including print media, television production, talent management, and hosting television programs. From 1975 through 1980 he was the publisher of two outdoor magazines. Following that, Mr. Wilson went on to host his own local and later national fishing program which ran until 2000 when he retired as a television personality. Mr. Wilson sold his production company to a national cable television network in 1996. Following the sale of his television production company and his retirement as a television personality, Mr. Wilson again turned his full time attention to real estate investment and land development. Mr. Wilson played an instrumental role in the organization of North Georgia National Bank, now Bank of North Georgia. He served as a director of the Bank until it was sold in 1997. He is currently chairman of NorthSide Bank, Adairsville, Georgia and its holding company NorthSide Bancshares, Inc. Mr. Wilson is also a director of Bank of Ellijay, Ellijay, Georgia, CreekSide Bank, Woodstock, Georgia, and WestSide Bank, Hiram, Georgia.

Post Thanks / Like

This will bring back some memories. Enjoy!
    YouTube - Orlando Wilson Fishing Show - Intro

Post Thanks / Like

Good memories! Thanks guys.
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

He allmost succeded in getting a Cabellas store in Adairsville But Mr Purdue wasn't intersted in giving a U. S. company the same incentives (tax breaks) as he does the foreign companies, So they located elsewhere.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Now Georgia would be a sportman's paridise if we had a Cabelas. I love Bass Pro, but it sure would be nice to have a Cabelas within 100 miles.