Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those that use Hi-Vis Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default For those that use Hi-Vis Line

I just spooled some mr. crappie hi-vis mono on my crappie rods and used it for the first time yesterday. My fish count was not nearly what my fishing partner was., so I am wondering for those that use Hi-Vis, do you use a low vis leader or just tie directly to your jigs???? If you do use a clear/floro leader, how long of a leader do you use?

Thanks for the information in advance

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

That line is all I use and never any kind of leader.Your partner may be like my son--allways out catches me.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes it does depend on the location and water clarity

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how you're fishing... 18" minimum - 5' max for me for different situations... Tie a uni-to-uni knot from the mono to flouro.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

High vis yellow Mr. Crappie is all I have used for several years now...I do not use a leader. I always out fish my fishing partner so....some days are like that...he occassionally outfishes me. I do not think the line bothers the fish. I do no that I can see the line lots better and therefore do not miss as many fish. Maybe you just are not watching your line as good as your partner does.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes I have tried it and it never effected the fish and sometimes it did, I would change to my other rod and catch them, it all depends

Post Thanks / Like

Spool up with fluoro and your buddy will be the whining!

... during "dirty water season" (winter and spring) it doesn't matter... but when the water clears, it's better if your line does too... try it, you'll like it!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used anything for crappie fishing except mr.crappie or pline xxl hi-vis... no leader... I've never had issues catching them until this season... but our weather has been screwed up since the winter started. Guess you gotta learn to hold your mouth right.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

I use Mr. Crappie high vis on my pole and have caught 290 in the last ten trips I have been fishing. I think it helps me as I can see the line a lot better when they are just mouthing the jig. I don't think it effects the bite in the least.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

like I mentioned, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not, it can depend on many things. I use to have a rod ready with both. I have not used any hi vis lately. Some days I would be using hi vis and not getting anything and go to the other and catch them, then some days I caught them just fine on it. Something like this will have different effects with so many different people. I would say for the majority though the line color is not your biggest issue. Most of us have caught tons of fish with the hi-vis, but my only suggestion is to have atleast one with another line, just in case. Nobody is right or wrong on this issue as we all give what works for us and what we experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast