Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 5/20/2010 Oconee

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/20/2010 Oconee

Shot docks on Oconee today and it was just like it has already been reported. Started on my favorite deep water(12'-15')pontoon boats and started catching small fish on almost every cast. Decided to move to my favorite medium depth docks (about 8'-10'). Caught over 25 nice (1-1 1/2 lbs.) crappie under the first dock. When I started catching small ones, I knew it was time to move on. The rest of the day (left at 3pm) I caught small ones on almost every cast. Caught a few that were over a pound, but the majority of them were hand size. I was very surprised that the dock shooting was this good this late in the season. Hopefully I will be able to go back tomorrow. Let all go today because the freezer is full. Balzy Blue 1 1/2' Fin-S shad was amazing once again. I know there have been complaints about our GA forum being the dead sea. Well, until today, I figured it was not worth going. I was wrong. Good luck everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

We caught over 130 yesterday afternoon but we only kept 49. We had some nice fish but the majority were hand size. We may have done better but there were dock shooters on every dock. Got tired of following them so we went we to the other end of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Did not see any other dock shooters today. Told the guy at the marina that, by the looks of the parking lot the fish are not biting. It was pretty much empty. That just goes to show, never judge a book by it's cover. So glad I put in and fished. Earl, it just feels good to me to catch them on every cast. Of course I like the big ones, but all day action is pretty fun. The bite was as good or better than the spawn, but I guess the bigger fish have moved out to deeper water. Oh well, the worst day fishing is better than the best day at work.

Post Thanks / Like

RIVERHAWK, what kind and color boat do you have? I have a red Ranger Angler 1760. Holler at me if you see me on the water. PM me sometime the day before you go. Maybe we can meet. I agree there aint nothing like shootin docks. GOTTA LOVE THAT TAP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am fishing from a como RiverHawk B-60 Tohatsu 25 hsp motor. The RiverHawk looks like the old Geenu, but it is 60" wide. I will be on the lookout for your boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sounds like you wore em out

Quote Originally Posted by RIVER HAWK View Post
    Shot docks on Oconee today and it was just like it has already been reported. Started on my favorite deep water(12'-15')pontoon boats and started catching small fish on almost every cast. Decided to move to my favorite medium depth docks (about 8'-10'). Caught over 25 nice (1-1 1/2 lbs.) crappie under the first dock. When I started catching small ones, I knew it was time to move on. The rest of the day (left at 3pm) I caught small ones on almost every cast. Caught a few that were over a pound, but the majority of them were hand size. I was very surprised that the dock shooting was this good this late in the season. Hopefully I will be able to go back tomorrow. Let all go today because the freezer is full. Balzy Blue 1 1/2' Fin-S shad was amazing once again. I know there have been complaints about our GA forum being the dead sea. Well, until today, I figured it was not worth going. I was wrong. Good luck everyone.
    thats what i call a good day on the water sometimes quanity is better than quality
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count