Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blackshear Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackshear Trip

Its been a long time since my last trip but my dad and I are going early in the morning to hunt for some bluegills and then before we come home we gonna look for some crappie. Weather forecast looks great. Will let ya'll know if we do any good.

Post Thanks / Like

Ragflyman I hope that you and your dad have an awesome time on the lake, and good luck finding the fish, keep us posted.

Rctsr

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and have a great day. Any of those black knats or flies that I liked during the slabfest last fall?

Post some pictures. Not that I don't trust you, but a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we did go and were able to locate some large bluegills. In my opinion the ones we cought were not in full spawn yet. We ended up with around 15 keepers and alot of thro backs. We also fished under Smoak Bridge for crappie and did not have one single hit. Chuck if I knew how to post pics I would.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys caught a good mess of gills. Glad you and your dad got to spend a nice day out on the water. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What A Day

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Sounds like you guys caught a good mess of gills. Glad you and your dad got to spend a nice day out on the water. Congrats.
    ANYTIME YOU SPEND TIME WITH YOUR DAD CHEERISH IT MY DAD AND ME FISHED ALL OF TIME TILL I WAS 12 AND THE GOOD LORD CALLED HIM HOME I REMEMBER MY FIRST TRIP I LEARNED TO FISH WITH A CANE POLE THE SAme way i taught my boys man i miss him
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

Rag-Fly
    Good to hear about you catching a good mess of fish. I have also had trouble in posting pictures on the site. I have a few i would like to attach of a couple days in APRIL.
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you need to open a photobuckett acc to host the pick then you can coppy and past the link frome there.

http://smg.photobucket.com
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear somebody is catching fish . glad to hear you had some luck ragfly . sage you been to the river .

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

planned on going tomorrow but heavy rain just up the river so i backed out . it is still a little high but was going to try . looked at the weather this afternoon and it didn`t look good .
    git things don around the house got reservation for june 1 2 and maby 3 camping and fishing with the grand kids . 3 boys 12 11 and 10 and a 17 year old girl.
    retired and now i will always fish