Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talquin Update (19 May 10)

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Talquin Update (19 May 10)

Went to check out the late season fishing and found it to be WONDERFUL. Caught the culled limit Monday/Tuesday with the majority of good fish coming from 6 -12 feet of water. Acid Rain was the jig of choice. The Little River Flats was good but also caught fish in Hammock and Freemon. Heard they were biting in just about all the creeks. Trying to decide wheather to close up for this season or try again early in June. The weather is Hot between 12:00 and 4:00.

Lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report LWH. Congrats in the limits. I caught fish last year into early July but I only fished the morning hours. I aint quitting until the fish do.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear they are still biting....shallow too....they bit good last year thru early June....heard any reports or see any good catches of bluegill and/or shellcrackers?
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

thanks litewire.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Great news! Took me 40 hours travel time to get back home Tuesday. Heading down late this afternoon with the wife , son (from Alaska), and my "Girlfriend! We can't wait!

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Runner View Post
    glad to hear they are still biting....shallow too....they bit good last year thru early June....heard any reports or see any good catches of bluegill and/or shellcrackers?
    They were catching lots of bream/shellcracker but I think most of the numbers were small fish.......but good eating. Catfish were tearing it up.........caught several with jigs and hooked a couple in the 8 lb range but little too big for my dipnet......they were playing with me.

lightwirehooker
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me you guys are in heaven on earth. You have got to love that lake. It just keeps inspiring you to fish.

Wish I was there to enjoy. Next year I will be. Promise not to follow you.:D:D

Have a good summer.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightwirehooker View Post
    They were catching lots of bream/shellcracker but I think most of the numbers were small fish.......but good eating. Catfish were tearing it up.........caught several with jigs and hooked a couple in the 8 lb range but little too big for my dipnet......they were playing with me.

lightwirehooker
    You know that you gotta be good when you catch doubles (catfish) while trolling for crappie:D...Glad we could get those 2 out of you way, Hooker...Thx for the good time these past few days.