Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: why me?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default why me?!

this weekends fishing was slow. too slow. first i went to the ohio erie canal and tried to catch fish, but nothing was biting. i even tried goldfish and those failed miserably so i pulled out my mimic minnows and tried another area. then the hits started coming a couple minutes after i caught a bluegill!:D but after that the hits stopped. so i went home. the next day me and mom were trying to go fishing when my cousin called. she wanted us to come down to lake dorothy. i went and lost 2 lures: my banjo minnow and my mimic fry jig! with nothing else, i decided that i would go to a boat ramp and fish. after jiging a mimic minnow shad i caught a black crappie! :D and got hits from many more but my lure was too big so fishing was.... meh. why did this happen? the week was cold and rainy, so did that have any part in it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythefisherman1 View Post
    this weekends fishing was slow. too slow. first i went to the ohio erie canal and tried to catch fish, but nothing was biting. i even tried goldfish and those failed miserably so i pulled out my mimic minnows and tried another area. then the hits started coming a couple minutes after i caught a bluegill!:D but after that the hits stopped. so i went home. the next day me and mom were trying to go fishing when my cousin called. she wanted us to come down to lake dorothy. i went and lost 2 lures: my banjo minnow and my mimic fry jig! with nothing else, i decided that i would go to a boat ramp and fish. after jiging a mimic minnow shad i caught a black crappie! :D and got hits from many more but my lure was too big so fishing was.... meh. why did this happen? the week was cold and rainy, so did that have any part in it?
    Two words!...Live Minnows!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    Two words!...Live Minnows!!!
    yeah well "nobody had money" to buy minnows. like i belive that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythefisherman1 View Post
    yeah well "nobody had money" to buy minnows. like i belive that!
    You can always dig your own worms.

Two other cheap baits are bread and corn. You can catch lots of fish with a few slices of bread and a can of corn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    You can always dig your own worms.

Two other cheap baits are bread and corn. You can catch lots of fish with a few slices of bread and a can of corn.
    i have, on a weird occasion, caught a largemouth bass on bread.