I think I've found a video that will help you back a boat...... :D

How To Back A Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO - These clips are hilarious!

Post Thanks / Like

Good one OkieDon. Brought back some old memories. My late husband launched into the Colorado River in California years ago and forgot to hang onto the rope. I did the swimming and caught it about 100 yards down river. My dad also did a good one. He launched his Oldsmobile and boat into same river. Now that was more of a drying out situation. Took all week to dry out the interior of that Cutlass. Rigrunner launched and forgot the plug but I guess everyone has done that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat launching for dummies

Okie Don, :D :D

I hadn't seen that clip of Red Green's. I loved his comment of "not being embarrassed any more".

So that is what I am doing wrong. I need a "fancy trailer" and need to back up really quickly and slam on the brakes to launch the boat! :D :D The Frisbee method!

I am much better at backing the boat. I think I can launch it within 5 minutes now! Now all I have to worry about is the actual driving of the boat. I use the "pinball approach" to park at my brother's dock on Eufaula! Well, it feels like it anyway...I don't hit anything, but it sure makes me nervous to park at the dock.

Southern Woman, this weekend my brother forgot to unlatch the straps that hold the boat on the trailer. He unhooked the thing that stops the motor from bouncing while traveling, then forgot to unhook the straps! He couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't float off the trailer! Of course being my brother....he made it MY fault! :D Everybody forgets something sometime, I guess.

Sorry it took me so long to read the post. Husband had his surgery and I haven't had time to do anything but mow the lawn. If you can call 5 acres a lawn! The other 15 doesn't get mowed, thank goodness. By the time I get it mowed and use the weed eater, it needs mowed again. No fishing since the surgery, except I did get to fish Memorial Day weekend.

Peke
    Last edited by peke; 05-31-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: correction

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Peke, nice to see you back on the board. Hope your hubby is doing well and I'm happy to see you got to go out on the lake this weekend...don't know how you put up with that crowd!

Post Thanks / Like

Default crazy holiday

It wasn't that bad on the lake. We were in the cove just west of Arrowhead. North of Arrowhead we did see some people skiing where they shouldn't have been skiing. A little bit busy in that area.

We had more issues with some kids driving 4 wheelers around and around our block going really fast. They liked the corner where they could skid and send up dust our way. They had a yard cart attached that looked like a wheelbarrow without the handles. 8-9 year olds were driving the ATV and 6-7 year olds were riding in the back....5 or 6 at a time....leaning on the back of the cart. No helmets! Sure was glad no one got hurt. They drove it all day on Saturday! That grandpa must have had a lot of gas set aside for that ATV. We had a lot of road dust on the food that day! :D

Hubby is doing well. Still can't lift anything over 5 pounds. I have banned him from watching me work! Too much supervising, you know? :D I think he is milking this too. Spends a large amount of time watching TV! Hmmmm, he might pay someone to get me out of the house to fish! Took me 2 days to clean the garage and organize it. We couldn't find anything! Supervised again!

Besides the surgery, I had to work really hard to get decent grades from my students this year. They had decided school was over in April and weren't giving me much effort. So I didn't have time to fish or get online, then I had to pack up my classroom just IN CASE they might paint! That was fun!

Peke (Can't believe ya'll carried on without me! Who asked all the stupid questions without me on the forum??? Or did you just have a nice break??):D