Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: oconee today

Post Thanks / Like

Default oconee today

A couple of friends of mine went up to Oconee today and came home with the limit. They were shooting docks from what he told me. I dont know what color or where all i know is they caught fish. Just thought i would give a report on it so maybe someone else might go enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

We shot docks at Oconee on Thursday and kept 47. The water was high and we could not fish some of our better docks. Shot docks and pitched jigs to blow downs at West Point today and kept 36. Chuck Boy caught a 15 pound catfish on four pound test and a 1/24 oz crappie jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Earl what were the water conditions on WP. Temp and clarity ?

Post Thanks / Like

The lake was full of water and THRASH. We had to dodge boards, basketballs and water bottles all up and down the river from 219 bridge to Whitewater. The water was lightly stained and in the lower 80's.

Post Thanks / Like

That is not what I wanted to hear but what I expected. I guess I will stay south of that mess. More rain today and next week wont make things better. I appreciate the report. Have a nice weekend .

Post Thanks / Like

We trolled Oconee yesterday. Slow. Kept 29. Can't kill them all the time I guess. I might troll again if I can get a good rainy day. Otherwise, shooting docks are my plan.

Post Thanks / Like

you may get that rain on Monday Papa. I am thinking about going on Monday morning to sugar creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Earl enjoyed watching me catch that catfish on 4lb test. He did a good job netting half of him. 4 quarts of nuggets. Sure was nice riding in the back of a new boat. Earl is the MAN!