Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does anyone fish the "Oklahoma River"?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone fish the "Oklahoma River"?

I'm just curious what types of fish are caught on the section of the North Canadian labeled "oklahoma river". I've walked the area and have seen remnants of stinkbait containers, but never saw a person actually fishing. I'm sure there's good catfishing done there, but what else is worth fishing for?

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, nothing. Maybe there is a reason you are not seeing anyone fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I read an article awhile back about a stocking or possible stocking program for the river but have since tried to find the article and cannot. I thought it was in the Outdoor Oklahoma magazine which I suppose means it would be an ODWC project. To my memory it mentioned stocking hybrid White/Striped bass. Seems like the water level is not maintained in a way to support fish, I have seen it dry or nearly dry a couple of times in the last year or two.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
    I read an article awhile back about a stocking or possible stocking program for the river but have since tried to find the article and cannot. I thought it was in the Outdoor Oklahoma magazine which I suppose means it would be an ODWC project. To my memory it mentioned stocking hybrid White/Striped bass. Seems like the water level is not maintained in a way to support fish, I have seen it dry or nearly dry a couple of times in the last year or two.
    Scott
    I fished it back in feb and caught a walleye and suageye about 14 inches and a nice hybrid . last summer i fished it and caught a ton of sandies and crappie and had a bad experience also with bumbs under the bridge cutting tires on my truck and harrasing me , but its cleaned up now bumbs are gone but i havenent fished since feb